Workplace Operations And Customer Service
This is a solution of Workplace Operations And Customer Service Assignment[A8] in which we discuss Workplace Operations And Customer Service can help your company cope with aging systems and limited resources that can lead to fragmented Workplace Operations And Customer Services solutions
Performance Management has now become one of the most crucial factors in the concepts and approaches of contemporary business, especially the ones dealing in customer-satisfaction and service-delivery (Buckingham and Goodall 2015). The satisfaction of the consumers is the backbone of such enterprises and the fact that customer demands and expectations are highly dynamic makes it even more important to monitor and check the organization’s processes, externally as well as internally, in order to achieve maximum value in the business process. Hence Performance of a business organization is dependent on a variety of factors including economic performance, organizational harmony, employee retention, recruitment process, development needs and disciplinary procedures.
The ACA Travel Agency’s recent issues regarding customer-dissatisfaction caused by organizational disharmony spotted the need for a performance appraisal system that would—firstly, investigate the work operations of the organization to identify the particular quality issues the Company has been suffering from, and secondly, recommending appropriate strategies that would mitigate the identified issues and help the organization develop stronger relationships with their customers and other stakeholders. The main aim of the Performance Management System is to add more value and integrity to the organization’s service-delivery system by improving organizational communicationBIZ101 – Business Communications and cross-functional involvement in decision-making processes (Ramlawati and Putra 2018).
Referring to the incident of recent technical chaos at Sydney Airport, which was followed by ACA’s failure to cater to consumer expectations and demands due to poor quality employee performance and communication, this research encompasses a detailed investigation and recommends applicable policy amendments to avoid any such occurrences in the future.
Section 1 – Performance Management
As the Manager of ACA Travel Agency, the recent issue of customer-dissatisfaction was investigated and analyzed to identify the need for a performance appraisal session with the consultant of the Company, Jane, who was also responsible for lack of judgment and priority—leading to the particular issue (Iqbal, Akbar and Budhwar 2015). Jane’s performance did not meet the standard criteria for the Company and incurred significant loss in terms of customer-loyalty. Therefore, the execution of the performance appraisal system would incorporate hypothetical discussions with both the stakeholders (employee and client), in order to strike a negotiation. Since not only will this enhance the stakeholders’ understanding of organizational expectations and approaches, but also prevent further similar issues.
Task 1: Role Play Preparation Plan for Performance Appraisal
- The key performance issues of the consultant, as identified from the given scenario are as follows (Le Fevre and Robinson 2015):
- Inefficient decision-making
- Poor prioritization
- Poor organizational communication
- Inefficient time-management
- Jane’s failure to follow the written procedure, in the client – Mr. Smith’s forward booking, led to a serious organizational failure as Clarendon College. Therefore who is a major client of the Company, has sent complaints regarding the Company staff’s poor assistance and service-delivery, which caused them and Mr. Smith a significant amount of loss.
- As the Manager of the ACA Airlines Company, it is a huge humiliation from one of the most important clients, and might experience a major setback in their business relationship.
- A variety of factors are at stake here, including finances, customer-loyalty, organizational ethics, organizational communication and morale commitments.
- As a manager, I acknowledge my poor decision-making in times of emergency and poor prioritizing of occurrences and aim to put more effort to enhance leadership skills amongst the organizational staffs.
- In order to resolve issues between the Company and the client, discussion sessions needs to be arranged for negotiations with the clients and apologizing for past failures of commitment.
- This is to kindly request you to respond with your feedback regarding the issues identified through the discussion session. Your feedback to the issues will be highly valuable for transparent organizational communication.
- Some of the possible solutions to resolve the identified issues are:
- Improving decision-making skills
- Striving for better prioritization of issues
- Understanding organizational activities and stakes
- In order to make the amendments sustainable at the Company, The ACA Airlines must employ additional trainers to train the staff on various leadership qualities and keep a check over the proper implementation of strategies (Baghurst and Stincelli 2014).
Therefore in order to clearly communicate with the concerned employee, an appraisal session with Jane, the consultant was arranged. The details of the session are as follows:
Manager: “Dear Jane, are you aware of the recent organizational failure that was caused due to your lack of efficiency?”
Jane: “Yes, Ma’am.”
Manager: “Your carelessness and inefficiency in practical field incurred a heavy loss on part of our relationship with a special-client, Clarendon College. Is this a good time to talk about a few ways that can improve your quality of service-output—which would be beneficial both for your job performance and our Company’s steady growth?”
Jane: “Yes Ma’am, I’m eager to rectify my practices and be more effective to the organization; and I sincerely apologize for my past failures to meet job requirement.”
Section 2 – Conduct Negotiations
Clarendon College is a valuable client of the ACA Airlines Company and is also the employee of Mr. Smith, the customer in concern. Hence the organization’s failure to cater to his requirements in the hour of need had a detrimental effect on their relationship and loyalty. Therefore, arranging for a negotiation was mandatory in order to sustain the relationship (Maréchal and Thöni 2018).
Task 3a: Negotiation Role Play Session
As the manager of ACA Airlines Company, a negotiation with client Mr. Smith was initiated and conducted, discussed as below:
Manager: “Good afternoon, Mr. Smith. Firstly, I’m ashamed to acknowledge our organization’s utter failure in assisting their most valued customers and deeply apologize for the harassment and poor assistance from the part of our on-ground staff. Hence we are aware of the loss you and Clarendon College has had to face due to it, and would like to contribute in any way possible to control the long-lasting damages. Since you are our most valued and preferred customer, we would hate to lose this relationship with you; rather, we want to make amends to the organizational shortcomings so that we can cater to your needs better. Will it be a good time to talk about this?”
Mr. Smith: “Yes, it was extremely frustrating how your staff refused to believe my concerns; she should have known there would be such inconveniences, especially after the news of technical chaos at Sydney Airport.”
Task 3b: Meeting Minute Report
As per the negotiation session with Mr. Smith, a minutes’ report has been developed, highlighting the important points that were mentioned in the discussion.
- Hence acknowledge of organizational failure and highly inefficient service-delivery, on the part of the entire team, by the Manager of ACA Airlines Company. Therefore acknowledgement of harassment and poor assistance by one of the staffs of ASA Airlines Company. Deep apologies communicated by the Manager on behalf of the entire organization.
- Hence acknowledgement of Clarendon College and Mr. Smith as highly valued customers of the organization. Therefore manager takes responsibility for the harassment and mis-treatment faced by the client by one of his staffs. Therefore manager asks permission from Mr. Smith to continue their discussion on the chosen topic.
- Since the Manager mentions about the high value of the relationship shared between the ACA Company and Clarendon College. Since the Manager admits that the organization doesn’t want to lose a customer as valuable as Clarendon College and Mr. Smith. The Manager offered to contribute in any way possible to the College in order to make up for the incurred loss.
Task 3d: Staff Communication
Successive to the negotiation between the manager and Mr. Smith, an official e-mail was drafted for all the stakeholders of the organization, updating them about the recent developments from the meeting.
“Dear valued members/stakeholders of the ACA Airlines Company, ‘the latest negotiation session with our valued client Mr. Smith ended on a positive note. Hence we have successfully communicated our heartfelt regrets and desire to contribute to their processes in any way possible. Mr. Smith has assured us to discuss the matters with Clarendon College and then he would finalize his decision.”
Section 3 – Adjustments and Confirmation to Contractual Agreement
Task 4a: Formal Business Communication
To: Mr Smith
Subject: Information about reviewing the details of the contract discussed
Dear Mr Smith,
This mail is regarding Our previous conversation on the contract that we prepared.Since i would like you to go through all the details that were presented in the contract to ensure that no information goes unnoticed by you, that could cause a serious issue in understanding the idea that we wish to present in front of you for justifying and developing our services more.
With regard, I would like you to go through the contact details again and ensure that it is all as per our previous discussion so that we could draught it for the final signature purpose.
Task 4b: Contract Agreement
The agreement that we previously presented consisted of you LOL that must be with the get it in order to make sure that our relationship in future does not stumble upon a small problem.Since I would like to propose a change regarding the objective of Management Concern.
To conclude, taking effective measures to retain the effectiveness and efficiency of the production resources is extremely necessary for an organization. Since this research critically analyzed the incident of Mr. Smith and his harassment at the hands of an ACA Airlines employee, which led to subsequent loss on both the sides.
Baghurst, T. and Stincelli, E., 2014. A grounded theory exploration of informal leadership qualities as perceived by employees and managers in small organizations. International Journal of Business Management and Economic Research, 5(1), pp.1-8. Retrieved from: [https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/43081397/Stincelli_Published_Article.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1538857995&Signature=ZFomtItmsvntyAcpQ9OdhQcKoK4%3D&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3DA_Grounded_Theory_Exploration_of_Informa.pdf]
Buckingham, M. and Goodall, A., 2015. Reinventing performance management. Harvard Business Review, 93(4), pp.40-50. Retrieved from: [http://web.vdw.co.za/sara/file%20storage/Documents/2015/Reinventing%20Performance%20Management%20-%20HBR%20APR%2015.pdf]
Iqbal, M.Z., Akbar, S. and Budhwar, P., 2015. Effectiveness of performance appraisal: An integrated framework. International Journal of Management Reviews, 17(4), pp.510-533. [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/ijmr.12050]
Le Fevre, D.M. and Robinson, V.M., 2015. The interpersonal challenges of instructional leadership: Principals’ effectiveness in conversations about performance issues. Educational Administration Quarterly, 51(1), pp.58-95. [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177%2F0013161X13518218]
Podgórski, D., 2015. Measuring operational performance of OSH management system–A demonstration of AHP-based selection of leading key performance indicators. Safety science, 73, pp.146-166. [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2014.11.018]
Assignment Help Australia provide best quality assignment writing service in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible assignment