Website Design-Btechnd Assignment
In this assessment you will have the opportunity to present evidence that shows you are able to:
|Task no.|| |
|LO1||LO1-Understand website design concepts||1.1|
discuss the design concepts that have to be
considered when designing a website
LO2-Be able to design interactivewebsites
design an interactive website to meet given
evaluate website design with other users
LO3- Be able to implement interactive websites
implement a fully-functional interactive website
using a design specification.
LO 4- Be able to test interactive websites
critically review and test the website
analyse actual test results against expected results to identify discrepancies
evaluate independent feedback and make
recommendations for improvements
create onscreen help to assist the users
create documentation for the support and
maintenance of the website
I certify that the work submitted for this assignment is my own and research sources are fully acknowledged.
Student signature: Date:
In addition to the above PASS criteria, this assignment gives you the opportunity to submit evidence in order to achieve the following MERIT and DISTINCTION grades
|M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions||· Effective judgements have been made|
· An effective approach to study and research has been applied
To achieve M1, you must demonstrate
|M2 Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques||· Relevant theories and techniques have been applied.|
· A range of methods and techniques have been applied.
|To achieve M2, you must demonstrate|
· Evidence has been shown that the student has a good understanding of coding websites.
· Evidence that the student has demonstrated
an idea of implementing a web server application.
· This can be demonstrated by adding extra coded features to the website after conducting appropriate research.
|M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings||· A range of methods of presentation have been used and technical language has been accurately used|
· The communication is appropriate for familiar and unfamiliar audiences and appropriate media have been used
|To achieve M3 you must produce :|
· Well-presented technical documentation and a good user guide.
· User help guide should be free from technicalities
· Good representation of the overall system with sufficient detail.
|D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|
|To achieve D1 students must provide:|
|D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities|
To achieve D2 students must show that
· Student has worked independently finding their own solutions to problems encountered.
|D3 Demonstrate convergent/lateral/ creative thinking|
· Ideas have been generated and decisions taken
· Innovation and creative thought have been applied
To achieve D3 students must show that:
· A dynamic website with advanced features has been implemented with evidence that the student has done sufficient research into the relevant implementation methods,while not affecting the existing system.