Unit3 Employability And Professional Development
- Qualification : Higher National Diploma in Computing and Systems Development
- Unit Code & Title : Unit3–Employ ability and Professional Development (EPD – 16 – 001)
- Assessment Title & No’s : Undertaking a community development project for personal development
|LO 01: Be able to take responsibility for own personal and professional development|
|Learning Outcomes||LO 1.1||LO 1.2||LO 1.3||LO 1.4|
|LO 02: Be able to demonstrate acquired interpersonal and transferable skills|
|Learning Outcomes||LO 2.1||LO 2.2|
|LO 03: Understand the dynamics of working with others|
|Learning Outcomes||LO 3.1||LO 3.2|
|LO 4: Be able to develop strategies for problem solving|
|Learning Outcomes||LO 4.1||LO 4.2||LO 4.3|
|Merit and Distinction Descriptor|
|Assessor : Date Assessed: |
Internal Verifier (IV): Date of IV:
|Unit Assessment Information|
Learning outcomes and grading opportunities:
|Date Issued : Date Due : |
Date of Submission:
| Assignment Brief|
BTEC Level 4-5 HNC/HND Diploma (QCF)
|To be filled by the Student|
Name of the Student :
Edexcel No : Registration No: Batch No:
Statement of Originality and Student Declaration
- I hereby, declare that I know what plagiarism entails, namely to use another’s work and to present it as my own without attributing the sources in the correct way. I further understand what it means to copy another’s work.
- I know that plagiarism is a punishable offence because it constitutes theft.
- I understand the plagiarism and copying policy of the Edexcel UK.
- I know what the consequences will be if I plagiaries or copy another’s work in any of the assignments for this program.
- I declare therefore that all work presented by me for every aspect of my program, will be my own, and where I have made use of another’s work, I will attribute the source in the correct way.
- I acknowledge that the attachment of this document signed or not, constitutes a binding agreement between myself and Edexcel UK.
- I understand that my assignment will not be considered as submitted if this document is not attached to the attached.
Student’s Signature: …………………………… Date:………………
- Task -1, Task – 2, Task 3 and Task – 4 are based on the scenario selected by you and approved by your tutor as below.
- Identify a problem from the environment or community and plan, organize, lead and control a small scale project in a nature of a fund raising event executed with careful guidance of a supervisory lecturer (tutor of the unit) as a collective team effort combining skills of the entire students in your batch. However, team members must understand the importance of the event and then must recognize their interdependence in achieving goals of the event.
- Assume that you have been employed as a Project Coordinator for the above project and address the following:
- Develop a report and address the following points considering the above scenario.
- Reflect on own current skills and competencies against professional standards and organizational objectives of the project to fit in to the abovementioned position(LO 1.1)
- Evaluate own development needs and the activities required to function in the above position.
- 1.3 Devise a personal and professional development plan (PDP) based on identified
- needs necessary to carry out tasks as a project coordinator. (LO 1.3)
- 1.4 Reflect on own development against original aims and objectives set in the personal
- and professional development plan you have already developed on the above section. (LO 1.4)
- Learners are encouraged to concentrate on M1.1 and D1.1 in order to achieve and merit grade descriptors when addressing the above tasks.
- Present your work verbally (15 -20 Mins) with use of a multimedia format:
- 2.1 Present on methods you have used to communicate in a variety of styles and appropriate manner at various levels of stakeholders of the project. (LO 2.1)
- 2.2 Present evidence on how you have demonstrated effective time management strategies learnt,when carrying out the project. (LO 2.2)
- Learners are encouraged to concentrate on M3.3 in order to achieve distinction and merit grade descriptors when addressing the above tasks.
- Develop a report and address the following points considering the above scenario.:
- 3.1 Analyse team dynamics, discussing the roles people play in a team and how they can work together to achieve shared goals expected to achieve through carrying out the project (LO 3.1)
- 3.2 Discuss alternative ways to complete tasks and achieve team goals relevant to the
- project undertaken (LO 3.2)
- Learners are encouraged to concentrate on D2.2 in order to achieve merit grade descriptors when addressing the above tasks.
- Develop a report and address the following points considering the above scenario
- 4.1 Review tools and methods used for developing solutions to problems encountered in the
- project (LO 4.1)
- 4.2 Explain how you have developed an appropriate strategy for resolving a particular problem encountered when completing the project (LO 4.2)
- 4.3 Evaluate the potential impact of implementing the strategy on the project (LO.4.3)
Learners are encouraged to concentrate on M 2.4 and D3.2 in order to achieve distinction and merit grade descriptors when addressing the above tasks
|Outcomes/Criteria for PASS||Possible evidence||Possible evidence provided by the learner||Achieved|
|1.1 reflect on own current skills and competencies against professional standards and organisational objectives||Task 1.1|
|1.2 evaluate own development needs and the activities required to meet them||Task 1.2|
|1.3 devise a personal and professional development plan based on identified needs||Task 1.3|
|1.4 reflect on own development against original aims and objectives set in the personal and professional development plan||Task 1.4|
|LO2 Be able to demonstrate acquired interpersonal and transferable skills|
|2.1 communicate in a variety of styles and appropriate manner at various levels||Task 2.1|
|2.2 demonstrate effective time management strategies||Task 2.2|
|LO3 Understand the dynamics of working with others|
|3.1 analyse team dynamics, discussing the roles people play in a team and how they can work together to achieve shared goals||Task 3.1|
|3.2 discuss alternative ways to complete tasks and achieve team goals||Task 3.2|
|LO4 Be able to develop strategies for problem solving|
|4.1review tools and methods for developing solutions to problems||Task 4.1|
|4.2develop an appropriate strategy for resolving a particular problem||Task 4.2|
|4.3evaluate the potential impact on the project of|
implementing the strategy
Unit3 Employability And Professional Development
|Grade Descriptor for MERIT||Possible evidence by the student||Feedback|
|M1. Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions.|
M1.1 Effective judgments have been made
|To achieve M1, the Personal development plan must be done by making effective judgments wherever needed|
M2. Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques
M2.4the selection of methods and techniques/sources has been justified
|To achieve M2, you must develop solutions for problems and appropriate strategy for resolving problems and implementing the strategy through different analytical methods and techniques.|
M3. Present and communicate appropriate findings.
M3.3 A range of methods of presentation have been used and technical language has been accurately used
|Grade Descriptor for DISTINCTION||Possible evidence||Feedback|
|D1. Use critical applications to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions.|
D1.1 conclusions have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas and have been justified
|To achieve D1, after each analysis, valid conclusions must have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas with justification|
|D2. Take responsibility for managing and organizing activities|
D2.2 Substantial activities, projects or investigations have been planned, managed and organized
|To achieve D2 you must have managed and executed all the substantial activities involved in the project team|
|D3. Demonstrateconvergent/lateral/creative thinking.|
D3.2Self-criticism of approach has taken place
|You must have self-criticized the development of the solutions for problems and appropriate strategy for resolving problems and implementation of the strategy through different analytical methods and techniques|
|Future Improvements & Assessor Comment:|
Assessor: Signature: Date: ____/____/___
|Internal Verifier’s Comments:|
Internal Verifier: Signature: Date: ____/____/_