This is a solution of Tour Operations Management Assignment in which we discuss Developing business
|Unit Title: Tour Operations Management||Unit Code:||Date Issued|
|Student ID||Date Received|
|Lecturer Name: Rubina Vieira||Internal Verifier Name|
Rules and regulations: Tour Operations Management
|Plagiarism is presenting somebody else’s work as your own. It includes: copying information directly from the Web or books without referencing the material; submitting joint coursework as an individual effort; copying another student’s coursework; stealing coursework from another student and submitting it as your own work. Suspected plagiarism will be investigated and if found to have occurred will be dealt with according to the procedures set down by the College. Please see your student handbook for further details of what is / isn’t plagiarism.|
Tour Operations Management : Coursework Regulations
- Submission of coursework must be undertaken according to the relevant procedure – whether online or paper-based. Lecturers will give information as to which procedure must be followed, and details of submission procedures and penalty fees can be obtained from Academic Administration or the general student handbook.
- All coursework must be submitted to the Academic Admin Office and a receipt must be obtained. Under no circumstances can other College staff accept them. Please check the Academic Admin Office opening hours.
- Late coursework will be accepted by Academic Admin Office and marked according to the guidelines given in your Student Handbook for this year.
- If you need an extension (even for one day) for a valid reason, you must request one. Collect a coursework extension request form from the Academic Admin Office. Then take the form to your lecturer, along with evidence to back up your request. The completed form must be accompanied by evidence such as a medical certificate in the event of you being sick. The completed form must then be returned to Academic Admin for processing. This is the only way to get an extension.
- General guidelines for submission of coursework:
- All work must be word-processed and must be of “good” standard.
- Document margins shall not be more than 2.5cm or less than 1.5cm
- Font size in the range of 11 to 14 points distributed to including headings and body text. Preferred typeface to be of a common standard such as Arial or Times New Roman for the main text.
- Any computer files generated such as program code (software), graphic files that form part of the course work must be submitted either online with the documentation or on a CD for paper submissions.
- The copy of the course work submitted may not be returned to you after marking and you are advised to have your personal copy for your reference.
- All work completed, including any software constructed may not be used for any purpose other than the purpose of intended study without prior written permission from St Patrick’s International College.
Tour Operations Management : Remember to keep your coursework receipt.
Upload Your Assignment
Outcomes and assessment requirements
|To achieve each outcome a learner must demonstrate the ability to:|
|LO1 Understanding the tour operators industry within the travel and tourism sector||1.1 analyse the effects of current and recent trends and developments on the tour operators industry|
|LO2 Understand stages involved in creating holidays||2.1 assess the stages and timescales involved in developing|
2.2 evaluate the suitability of different methods of contracting for different components of the holiday and different types of tour operator
2.3 calculate the selling price of a holiday from given information
|LO3 Be able to review brochures and methods of distribution used to sell holidays||3.1 evaluate the strategic planning decisions taken for the design of a|
3.2 assess the suitability of alternatives to a traditional brochure for different types of tour operator
3.3 evaluate the suitability of different methods of distribution used to sell a holiday for different types of tour operator See
|LO4 Understand strategic and tactical decision-making for tour operators|| 4.1 evaluate the strategic decisions making by different types of tour operator|
4.2 compare the tactical decisions that could be taken by a selected tour operator in different situations
*Please see the Assignment Evaluation Sheet for Merit and Distinction criteria
Assignment 1 – Background Info LO1, 2, 3 and 4
You are a trainee consultant for ABC Travel Agents and Tour operators
Consultancy Company. Your manager has assigned you the following task:
- Define the term Tour Operator
- Explain the role of the Tour Operator
- Define vertical and horizontal integration in the context of the Tourism industry
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration in the context of Tourism industry
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of horizontal integration in the context of the Tourism industry?
- Explain the stages involved in developing a holiday
- What is the difference between charter and scheduled airlines?
Tour Operations Management
This task should be complete using data from text books and journals.
The final submission of this task will be in week 5.
The assignment should have a report format and the total number of words is 1500.
Assignment 2 –Tour Operations Management
1 – Calculate the holiday price for the following:
Holiday duration – 7 days
2- Choose a brochure in Thomas cook or Thomson TUI and evaluate which planning decisions had to be made in order to develop the brochure.
3 – What are the advantages and disadvantages of advertising using the internet?
4 – When is it suitable to use a digital brochure as opposed to paper format brochure?
5 – Identify two types of pricing strategies. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using either.
6 – Explain why a Tour Operator would offer discounting from original brochure price and how will tour operators ensure that their maximizing the occupancy of contracted beds.
Tour Operations Management
This final date for the assignment submission will be in week 12.
The assignment should have a report format and 2000 words in total.
Btech HNd Assignment Help Australia provide best quality assignment writing service in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible assignment writing according to Students need, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now