External Analysis Assignment Services Help
Assignment Brief and Guidance
You have been Junior Business following organisations
- SAVE THE CHILDREN
Your line manager has asked you to take part in a number of activities which will determine whether you will be promoted to the next level.
You are required to investigate three different types of organisations (Public, Private and Voluntary) and present your understanding on their organisational structures and their functionalities through either a report, essay or a booklet.
Your chosen method will need to provide:
- An overview of the different types of organisations. An explanation of each of the chosen organisations, including: background details of the organisation; the products and services they supply; the size and scope of the organisation; their vision, mission and business objectives; the organisational and legal structure; and information about their stakeholders. This should lead to an analysis of how the structure, size and scope of different organisations link to the business objectives and product and services offered by the organisations leading to a critical analysis of the complexities of different types of business structures and the interrelationship of the different organisational functions.
You have been asked to attend a meeting to present your findings on the interrelationship of the various functions within one of your chosen organisations and to comment on how they link to organisational structure. This should be presented as a written paper that can be handed out to delegates at the meeting.
- Explain the various functions within the business alongside an organisation chart that explains the interrelationships between these functions and how do they link to the organisational objectives and structure? An analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of the interrelationships between the organisational functions and their impact on the organisation structure.
With reference to Activity one, your line manager has asked you to investigate the internal and external environmental factors that affect one of your chosen organisations.
You have been scheduled to produce a report for the senior management team which must include the following:
- An identification and the discussion of the various environmental factors that impact the business both positively and negatively giving specific examples. You can further use PESTLE analysis for your chosen organisation leading to a critical evaluation of the impact of the micro and macro factors on decision-making.
- Explain how internal and external analysis leads to identification of strengths and weakness in the case of a few organisations of your choice and explain their interrelation with the external macro factors. This should lead to application of SWOT/ TOWS analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the organisations, how do SWOT/TOWS influence decision making?
Instructions on Submission:
Activity 1: The submission is in the form of
- An essay or a report or a booklet
- Written paper
Your research should be referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit for both the presentation and the booklet is a maximum of 1500 words, including speaker notes, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit.
Activity 2: The submission is in the form of an individual written report. This should be written in a concise, formal business style using single spacing and font size 12. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing system. Please also provide a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. The recommended word limit is a maximum of 2,000 words, although you will not be penalised for exceeding the total word limit.
- Understanding Organisational Context – 2nd Edition, by Claire Capon- Dec 2003
- Business and its Environment- United States Edition, by David Baron- Aug 2012
- The Global Business Environment: Meeting the Challenges – 3rd Edition, by Janet Morrison
- Business in the Context of David Needle – Fifth Edition, By David Needle
- Business Environment : Managing in a Strategic Context- 1 May 2008, by John Kew (Author), John Stredwick (Author)
- Organisations and the Business Environment- 31 May 2005 by Tom Craig
- The Business Environment – 2 Jul 2009, by Ian Worthington and Chris Britton
- The Business Environment: Themes and Issues 20 Jan 2011, by Paul Wetherly (Editor), Dorron Otter (Editor)
- Business Analysis Techniques: 99 Essential Tools for Success – 22 Sep 2014 by James Cadle (Author), Debra Paul (Author), Paul Turner (Author)
- Business Environment: Theoretical & Organizational Aspects- Ghazi Mokammel Hossain in English (1 Jul 2016)
Link for Us