Procedural Programming Assignment Help
| Learning outcome|
|AC||In this assessment you will have the opportunity to present evidence that shows you are able to:||Task no.|| Evidence|
|LO2: Program Designing||P2.1|
|Identify the program units and data and file structures required to implement a given design|
|P2.2||Design a procedural programming solution for a given problem|
|LO3: Program Implementation|
|P3.1||Select and implement control structures to meet the design algorithms|
|P3.2||Correctly use parameter passing mechanisms|
|P3.3||Implement a procedural programming solution based on a prepared design|
|LO4 Program Evaluation||P4.1||Critically review and test a procedural programming solution|
|P4.2||Analyse actual test results against expected results to identify discrepancies|
|P4.3||Evaluate independent feedback on a developed procedural programme solution and make recommendations for improvements|
|P4.4||Create onscreen help to assist the users of a computer program|
|P4.5||Create documentation for the support and maintenance of a computer program|
|I certify that the work submitted for this assignment is my own and research sources are fully acknowledged.|
Student signature: Date:
|In addition to the above PASS criteria, this assignment gives you the opportunity to submit evidence in order to achieve the following MERIT and DISTINCTION grades|
|M1 – Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions|
|M2 – Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques|
|M3 – Present and communicate appropriate findings|
|D1 – Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|
|D2 – Take responsibility for managing and organising activities|
|D3 – Demonstrate convergent/lateral/creative thinking||Convergent and lateral thinking have been applied|
At this level ideas generated and decisions taken are original, creative and appropriate. This can be evidenced in most tasks.
|Purpose of this assignment:|
To enable learners design, implement and evaluate a procedural program for an organisation.
Your employer-employee has asked you to write a program to manage the company’s daily Sales and Purchases. The program needs to give the user the option of entering details of a Sale or details of a Purchase.
The user will need to log into the system to access the transaction menu. When the Sales option is selected from the transaction menu the user will be required to enter the sales price and sales costs (it should not be possible to enter negative figures for either the sales price or sales costs). The program must then calculate and display the net sales price (sales price – sales costs). Following that the user will be given the option of entering another sale or returning to the main menu. The program will keep a running total of the net sales prices.
When the Purchases option is selected the user will be required to enter the purchase price and the transaction costs (Again, there should be some validation to ensure that negative numbers are not entered). The program must then calculate and display the overall purchase price (purchase price + transaction costs). Following that the user will be given the option of entering another purchase or returning to the main menu. The program will keep a running total of the overall purchase costs.
When the user selects to quit the program a final report must be displayed showing the total sales and the total purchases and the overall balance of the cash flow for the day. You should include any further information system in the report that you think useful, for example, the average sales price, the average purchase price, a complete listing of all transactions, the highest sales price or the highest purchase price.
An added feature that you also need to implement is an onscreen help system, to explain to the user how to use the program
Your program should contain at least one sub procedure which uses parameters.
1. Identify the program inputs, outputs and functions needed.
2. Design the program using a Structure Chart or Structured English (or any other standard design method) paying particular attention to loops and selection statements.
3. Create a Test Plan and Test Data to test your program using both valid and invalid data.
|Task 2 |
1. Code your program in C++ following your prepared design.2c) What will be implications for its stakeholders?
|Task 3 |
1. Test your program following your prepared test plan and show the results using screen shots.
2. Analyse actual test results against expected results to identify discrepancies.
3. Evaluate your program and make recommendations for improvements following feedback from your tutor.
|Task 4 |
1. Create onscreen help to assist the users of the program.
|Task 5 |
1. Create Program Documentation for the support and maintenance of the program. This should include:
· The programming structures used;
· A list of the variables used in the program, explaining what they are used for and their scope and data type;
· A complete annotated listing of your program.
You are required to submit: