Portfolio: SWOT Analysis
Conduct a Strengths-Weaknesses-Opportunities-Threats (SWOT) analysis of your presentation skills. An example can be found on page 16 of the prescribed textbook. The SWOT analysis should be presented in a square with four (4) quadrants or in a list as it is presented in the textbook. Each quadrant/section should have at least two (2) unique points. In addition to the SWOT analysis, you should outline some strategies to address one of the weaknesses that you identified in your presentation skills. That is, if you identified ‘fear of public speaking’ as a weakness then describe at least two strategies that you could use to overcome that weakness.
Each section/quadrant of the SWOT analysis must have at least two (2) unique points thatare an accurate appraisal of your presentation skills (4 marks).
Identify a weakness that is listed in the SWOT analysis section.Must describeat least two strategies that are reasonable ways to overcome the weaknesses you identified(1 mark).
It is difficult to prescribe a recommended word count for this portfolio itemas it will vary depending on how it is presented. It is expected that it would be about one (1)A4 page.
- If the submission contains grammatical and/or typographical errors or is NOT well structured and easy to understand there will be a penalty of –1 mark.
- If you present the SWOT analysis as a quadrant it MUST NOT be an image. The marker has to be able to add comments or edit your submission to provide feedback – penalty of -1 mark.
Some people love Social Networking through technology (for example, Facebook and Twitter) whilst others loathe it. Write reflectively about your experiences with the use of a Social networking technology (Facebook, Twitter or another technology). You will need to provide a brief description of the experience and then write three paragraphs of reflective writing where you analyse the experience, what you have learnt from the experience and how you would handle it differently in the future. If you can, choose a significant event such as your account being hacked or negative comments about you or a friend being posted. Your submission should cover the three key points on reflective writing (see below).This should be approximately 400 words.
If you do not use Social networking technologies you could write a reflection on why you do NOT use Social networking technologies or choose another life experience that really challenged you and write about that.
Note this experience must be about a situation where you played a major role. It should not be about someone else’s experience or where you did not play a significant role.
The key points to consider when writing reflectively are:
- You need to demonstrate what you have learned from a particular experience not just describe what happened.
- There is no right or wrong answer—reflective writing is about what you learned from the experience.
- Ask yourself the following questions and give your responses in your writing: Why did Xhappen? What did I do in X situation? What were the positive and negative outcomes inthe situation? How might I do things differently next time? What have I learnt and howdoes this knowledge contribute to my development?
(McCulloch & Reid, 2015, p. 131)
Note 1: You should re-read pages 130-132 of the textbook to ensure you know what is meant by reflective writing.
Note 2: This reflective writing is about evaluating yourself; it is NOT about evaluating social media.
The reflective writing on Social Networking through technology should:
- Include a brief description of the experience (1 mark).
- Reflect on why the experience happened and how you contributed to the experience (include both positive and negative contributions as applicable) (1 mark).
- Demonstrate what you have learned from the experience (1 mark).
- Describe how you would handle the experience differently in the future (1 mark)
- Explained the positives and negatives of the situation (1 mark).
You should format your submission as 5 paragraphs (each one addressing one of the markingcriteria). You must use relevant headings to make it clear to the marker that you have covered the five criteria above.Use the three key points listed above to check that you have written reflectively about your experience.Order Now