Personal Ethical Framework Assignment
In week 9 you learnt about how to develop a personal ethical framework and last week you learnt about work and cultural issues. Understanding who you are and how you relate to others in both your personal and work life can make you aware of the values that are important to you as well as the values that you may need to work on to improve your professional standing. This portfolio item is designed to make you think about how to build a reputation as a good ICT professional. Itrequires you to write about your perceptions of a good ICT professional, your work ethic and values,how you communicate with work colleagues and how to work with others from diverse backgrounds. As you are training to be an ICT professional you should refer to the ACS Code of Ethics and/orACS Code of Professional Conduct when writing this personal ethical framework.It should be approximately500 words.
Use the following headings:
- ICT professional
- Work ethic and values(you may want to use sub-headings. See marking criterion 2 below)
- Communication with colleagues
- Diversity in the workplace
Your Personal Ethical Framework should include:
- Your perception of a good ICT professional. Note this should refer to the ACS Code of Ethics and/or ACS Code of Professional Conduct(1 mark).
- Statements about:
- your work ethic (1 mark).
- values that are important to you (1 mark).
- How you relate to and communicate with work colleagues(1 mark).
- Your views on working with diversity in the workplace and how to be sensitive to the people who have been brought up in cultures different to your own (1 mark).
Note if the submission contains grammatical and/or typographical errors or is NOT well structured and easy to understand or it is too long or too short (less than 450 or greater than 550 words) there will be a penalty of –1 mark.
This portfolio item requires you to justify that you have successfully achieved the course learning outcomes and to provide feedback about your experiences with the course. The document should have two parts.
Part A – Justification
Create a document called ‘Successful Completion’ andwrite a reflective analysis that demonstrates you have satisfied all eight(8) course learning outcomes that are listed in the course profile for COIT20249 Professional Skills in ICT (they are listed below). In no more than two (2) A4 pagesjustify how the work you have completed this term has satisfiedall eight (8) course learning outcomes.Please note it is important that you JUSTIFYthat you have satisfied the course objectives do NOTjust summarise the course content and/or assessment items OR define the course learning outcomes.
From the Course Profile:
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles and importance of effective interpersonal communication, active listening and reading for meaning.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in written form using appropriate language.
- Create and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Argue the importance of ethics, codes of behaviour, and societal, privacy and legal issues within the ICT industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of common work practices and values operating in the Australian workplace.
- Assess how ICT can be used to improve organisational processes.
- Evaluate the application of emerging technologies to communication and collaboration.
Part B – Feedback
Write two things you liked about this course and provide the reason or reasons you liked them. Also describe two suggested improvements to the course and justify why they would improve the course.
Upload the Successful Completion document into Moodle.
Justify that you have successfully achieved all eight (8) course learning outcomes (1 mark per successful justification of each course learning outcomes). Please note that a summary of the course content and/or assessment items or defining the course learning outcomes will receive ONE mark only.
- Two things you liked about this course plus reasons (1 mark).
- Two suggested improvements to the course plus justification(1 mark).
Note if the submission contains grammatical and/or typographical errors or is NOT well structured and easy to understand there will be a penalty of –1 mark.
If the submission is larger than two A4 pages you mark will be reduced by –1 mark. Please note that if you have a Title page for your assessment submission that is NOT counted as part of the length.Order Now