Newcastle University Assignment Help
- Newcastle University has a proud history of teaching dating back to 1834 and we are a Russell Group university.
- Today Newcastle University offers world-class education in one of the most exciting student cities in the UK, attracting almost 25,000 students from across the globe.
Location and Transport
- Newcastle University’s 50-acre campus is right in the city centre, at the heart of what has been voted the best city in the UK.
- Newcastle has an international reputation for its vibrant social scene. World-class arts, music, shopping and sport can all be found in the city center.
- Newcastle is a very pretty city with elegant Georgian buildings alongside stunning modern architecture. The city borders the county of North umber land, with its ancient castles, Hadrian’s Wall and unspoilt coastline.
- Our city-centre campus means most places are within walking distance, or you can hop on the Metro, with stops throughout the city and the coast.
- A good road network provides fast motorway links with all major cities in the UK; London is around 3 hours by train and Edinburgh is around 1.5 hours. See more : Unit 6 Contemporary Issues In Travel And Tourism
- Newcastle University welcomes applications from students from a wide variety of backgrounds who can show the motivation, ability and potential for university study.
- Entry standards are relatively high, with most courses asking for ABB or higher at A level (or equivalent). Offers of places on any degree are made on the basis of individual achievement, ability and potential to succeed.
- In addition to considering evidence of ability such as exam performance, the university also looks at other evidence in UCAS applications that indicate potential to succeed on a degree programme.
- Check on our website for the most up-to-date course and entry requirements information for your degree.
The 23,110 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 73%
- Postgraduate 27%
Mode of study
- Full Time 93%
- Part Time 7%
- UK 71%
- EU 4%
- Other 24%
- Male 48%
- Female 52%
- Approximately 200 undergraduate degrees to choose from.
- Some courses cover more than one subject, and our combined honours degree offers students the opportunity to study up to three subjects from a choice of over 20.
- Some courses share a common first year, enabling transfer to other similar courses after the first year. Many courses include a work placement or the opportunity to spend time overseas and we have links with 200 Erasmus exchange partners in 21 countries.
- Students of any discipline have the opportunity to study a foreign language for free as part of the university-wide language programme.
- Our commitment to teaching quality and improving the student experience is reflected through our results in national student satisfaction surveys.
- Newcastle University was rated as one of the top institutions in the country in the 2015 National Student Survey. We achieved 91% overall satisfaction. The results place us joint 1st in the Russell Group for student satisfaction.
- Overall satisfaction levels for students on pathway programmes at our INTO centre are 94%. This is the highest level at any of INTO’s eight centres in the UK. The score reflects students’ satisfaction with their living and academic experience, and the centre’s support services.
- With all UK universities, we are monitored by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education, and our research project is assessed through the Research Excellence Framework.
- Newcastle University Business School holds triple accreditation, putting it in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
- Many of our degrees are developed with, and accredited by professional organisations.
- A member of the elite Russell Group, an association of leading research-intensive UK universities.
- Ranked 16th in the UK for research power in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, with the vast majority of our research placed in the top two categories of 4* (world-leading) or 3* (internationally excellent).
- The quality of our research has been recognised through prestigious awards such as three Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education, which honour work of outstanding importance and quality and higher education.
- We generate over £100m in annual research income from government, business and charities.
- As a world-class civic university, our research project is sharply focused on addressing the major challenges facing society. We’re having a global impact on big issues, such as pioneering research into IVF to prevent hereditary diseases and researching renewable energy sources.
- Our research active, academic staff are leaders in their fields. Studying in a cutting- edge research environment means that undergraduate students benefit from the knowledge of some of the leading experts in their areas.
- We have worked with employers to define a set of skills which students will need in life beyond university, and this knowledge underpins the development of degree programmes and extra-curricular activities.
- Our award-winning ncl+ initiative provides opportunities for students to develop employability skills through activities outside of their degree, such as working as a student ambassador or writing for the University newspaper.
- The career development module enables students to count their work experience, volunteering activities or part-time employment towards academic credit for most courses.
Type of Qualification:
- All Undergraduate (249)
- First Degree (240)
- Foundation Degree (5)
- LLB (2)
- Other Undergraduate (4)
Mode of study:
- Full-time (205)
- Full-time with time abroad (13)
- Sandwich (31)
Browse all undergraduate courses
- 2000+ networked computers across campus many accessible 24/7 and free wi-fi across campus.
- The university library service is the only one in the UK to be awarded five Charter Marks in a row for excellent customer service and two prestigious Customer Service Excellent awards. As well as the main library, there are libraries in the Medical School and Law School. Together these house over 1 million print books, half a million e-books, a computerised online catalogue and 600 computers.
- Students have access to their own Virtual Learning Business Environment (VLE), with 24/7 access to reading lists and course handouts, and online discussions with tutors and fellow students. We have one of the largest and most comprehensive lecture capture services (ReCap) in the UK, allowing students to revisit selected lectures online.
- We offer dedicated maths and writing support for students of any discipline, and the option to learn a language for free, with access to facilities in our award-winning Language Resource Centre.
- As well as the Hatton Gallery and Great North Museum on campus, we have a number of subject-specific facilities on and off-campus, including two farms, a marine lab and vessel, and purpose-built music studios.
- We are committed to providing a friendly and accessible service for disabled students so that they may study effectively and make full use of the opportunities at Newcastle University.
- Advice, information and guidance is available to disabled applicants and students at all stages of their university career. In addition, we liaise with academic schools over students’ support requirements and external agencies where appropriate.
- NUSU can help you make the most of every opportunity. There are over 200 student societies and sports clubs covering different sports, subjects, cultural interests, politics and religion.
- There are a number of student media opportunities to take part in including the award-winning Courier, our weekly student newspaper. You can also get involved with Newcastle Student Radio broadcasting 24 hours a day, and TCTV (The Courier Television).
- Our community volunteering scheme, Student Communication Action (SCAN), offers over 200 different activities each year.
- You can also try out our Give It a Go Scheme programme of one-off taster activities to help you make the most of your spare time. The Go Play programme gives you the chance to try a new sport under the guidance and support of coaches, with no experience or commitment necessary.
- Newcastle University Students’ Union reopened in 2011 following an £8m refurbishment. The inside of the Grade II listed building has been transformed, with some outstanding new facilities in the heart of campus.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Newcastle’s popularity as a regional centre and national tourist destination means that there are plenty of part-time work opportunities available for students.
- The Careers Service provides a variety of tools to help students find part-time work while they are studying and full-time work in the holidays. This includes an online job search facility which offers vacation work, placements and internships, and a searchable directory of over 600 graduate employers in the north east. The Newcastle Work Experience programme offers Newcastle University students paid placements in north east SMEs.
- We also offer jobs on campus – our on-campus job agency matches students with temporary or casual work assignments within the university.
- 94.1% of Newcastle’s 2014 UK/EU graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduating, above the national average of 93.2%.
- The award-winning Careers Service is one of the best, largest and most innovative in the UK. Advice and support includes one-to-one sessions with a professional development careers adviser, drop-in CV checks, academic modules, online resources and skills development workshops covering topics such as how to succeed at interviews.
- Careers service staff also work closely with academic schools, contributing to teaching in degree programmes and providing tailored workshops.
- The Graduate Connections online networking tool enables current students to access careers-related knowledge and experience from past graduates.
- Newcastle graduates benefit from careers support and business start-up support for up to three years after graduation.
- Students with entrepreneurial ideas are supported by a dedicated team of business advisers and a programme of workshops. They also have access to dedicated workspace facilities. 35 new businesses were set up by our students and graduates in 2014–15, generating 48 new jobs.
Recent/Prospective New Builds
- A multi-million pound programme of development in recent years has transformed the campus through new buildings, refurbishment and extensive landscaping. The university has plans to spend in excess of £200m more over the next three years. Which includes a major rebuild of one of the largest accommodation sites on campus and extending the sports centre to ensure students have the best quality facilities they deserve and expect.
Projects completed in recent years include:
- New business school based in our state-of-the-art building within Newcastle’s emerging business district.
- Multi-million pound renovation of the Students’ Union.
- Upgrading of science and mechanical engineering laboratories.
- Investment in outstanding learning and IT facilities.
- New and refurbished accommodation sites, including Kensington Terrace and Park Terrace, which opened in 2014.
- Brand new the INTO 800-student teaching centre and in the heart of the city-centre campus.
- Ongoing campus landscaping is moving towards a pedestrianised campus.
- Newcastle has a close relationship with its alumni, offering a comprehensive package of benefits and services, designed to help graduates make the most of their life after university.
- As a Newcastle graduate you will be following in the famous footsteps of people who have since risen to the top of their field in a wide range of professions.
- John Yorke – Controller of BBC Drama
- Chris Townsend – Commercial Director of London 2012
- Maximo Park – musician
- Constance Briscoe – barrister and author
- Kate Adie – journalist
- Ed Coode – world champion rower
- Rowan Atkinson – comedian
- Andy Bird – President of Walt Disney International
- Dr Miriam Stoppard
- Tristan Gooley – the ‘nocturnal navigator’
Btec HND Assignment Help Australia provide best quality assignment writing service in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible assignment writing according to Students need, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now