Networking Technologies Assignment Help
Networking Technologies Assignment Help is based on the concept of networking technologies, which need to be implemented within a new premise of Beta communication Limited. This company works on the platform of telecommunication, which deals with telecom products for the niche market. Moreover, this assignment can help the learner to understand the standard and the models which are associated with the networking technologies. The aim of this assignment is to give a background to the basic components of the networked system through which the entire networking operations can derive. Furthermore, this company has the different building; each building has different department and every different have various requirements on the basis of the network along with the applications of the networking.
LO1: Understanding the principles of networking
A.C 1.1 Discuss the benefits and constraints of different networking systems, types and topologies. Analyze and clearly identify the requirements of the systems for this network in order to convince the management of the given case study company
According to a network consultant, there are various benefits of the networking system, which can help the Beta communication Limited to fulfil the requirements of the different building of this company. Those benefits are given below:
- File sharing: After implementation of LAN within the 1st, 2nd and 3rd building of this company, this networking system can offer a quick and easy way for sharing their large volume data or files directly. According to Vermeils (2012, p.90), has stated that as this company has three buildings, therefore, using a disk or USB from one building to another for sharing their files can consume a lot of time.
- Security: As a network consultant, it can be said that security can be one of the most important aspects of having networking technologies within any building or office. The first building of this company need to have the Web server and File Transfer Protocol or FTP for storing purpose of application and data, therefore, they require a secured platform. That password can limit the authorization of the file, that is, it gives protection by limiting the access to the authorized users (Tropper, 2014, p.19).
- Management and cost of software: This Company can load the software on only on the file server, which can save the time as compared to install and track the files on the independent computers. According to Barnaghiet al. (2012, p.20), the frontline support requires high power workstation, whereas, the NI manager requires powerful PC for checking the status of MIS (Management Information System).
According to Menonet al. (2012, p.75) implementation of LAN can also possess some of the constraints, which can affect the limited budget of this company; those constraints are given below;
Constraints of the proposed technology:
Privacy Violations: The LAN administrator for this company has the right for checking the personal data or files for each user of this technology (Trapper, 2014, p.19). Data security threats: It is serious constraint for the company. Unauthorized users have the power for accessing the important files or data of this organization. Therefore, it needs to be centralized by the administrator.
Job for LAN maintenance: Lack of LAN administrator is a highly disadvantage for the company. In order to maintain the LAN technology, this company needs to appoint a LAN administrator due to any problem occurs for software installation or any hardware failure, or any disturbance occurs due to cable (Menonet al. 2012, p.75).
Costly: As this company’s 1st line support department requires file transfer protocol for storing the data and application, therefore, this is highly expensive in order to maintain the software to run effectively.
Time consuming: It has also been recorded to be more time consuming for maintaining the software. The user or the admin want to upload any file on the website, they need the host address, username or password for further proceedings.
|Personal Area Network (PAN)||Since it is restricted to certain devices, it enables safer transfer and storage of data. This provides safety of trade secrets for an organisation. This makes it very much lucrative and handy.|
|Local Area Network (LAN)|
|Wide Area Network (WAN)|
|Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)|
Table 1: Merits and Demerits of Network Types
(Source: Created by Author)
A.C 1.2 Evaluate the impact of current technology, communication and standards for the given case study company
This company is based on the telecommunication and deals with the telecom products, therefore, the implementation of the LAN technology can highly impact the way of their working and business (Refer to Appendix 1). This network technology can help the network consultant for adding or moving workstation in an ease way, as the Front Line support belonging to the 1st building of this company need to have high work PowerStation.
The company can have an impact of LAN as costs savings by the multiple users of the infrastructure. Furthermore, the LAN can also affect the communication within the building of this company (Giannoulis et al. 2012, p.35).
This can make the transmission of this company’s business information more easy, efficient and less expensive as compared to not having LAN with their new premise. With the help of LAN, the standard of this company can ultimately be raised because; this can ensure that the hardware and the software which is being distributed among the buildings of this company can work together. According to Sydney et al. (2013, p.767), has stated that without the standard of the network, this can be difficult for developing the network for this company which can share the information.
A.C 1.3 discussing how the protocols can enable the effective utilization of various networking system
Having the protocols within the LAN, it can highly affect the utilization of various networking system (Pryanichnikov and Andreev, 2012, p.2305). As the 1st building’s department, First, lien support needs to have an implementation of FTP or file transfer protocol, can help the various systems for working together. Moreover, the protocol TCP/IP that is, Transmission Control Protocol or Internet protocol, can build a set of rules within the buildings of this company. This rule is for exchanging the messages with each other at packet level on information.
IP, that uses a set of guideline for sending or receiving messages at the address level of the internet, this can be used in this company. It is due to the reason that second building of this company having the Department of ordering and delivery, they need to interact or contact the customer via the email. Moreover, the general staffs of this company need to have all the communications within their floor and that need to be secured from the eavesdropping. Furthermore, in accordance with the statement of Liet al. (2014, p.75), as the first building needs FTP, which is used for the corresponding programs, it can be done from anywhere on the Internet. Moreover, this protocol can help the network administrator of this company, who needs to have control over the overall network. This administrator can ensure their company that the software and the hardware are compatible with each other.
Networking Technologies Assignment Help
A.C 2.1 Discussing the role of components of software and hardware for the given company case study
has the various building and various departments, moreover, each of the building is having different requirement, therefore, the software and hardware have different roles.
Roles of components of the software are given below:
- Client Software: With the help of client software, the ordering and delivery department of this company easily communicate with the customer via email. Moreover, this software allows this department for easily creating and reading the messages retrieved by electronic mail. This can save the time as well the costs (Gupta and Jha, 2015, p.1230).
- Programs: Programs such as word processor, graphics program, spreadsheet or software for developing the telecom products, which this company deals with, can give an easy access to these components.
- The logical level of the operating system: This component can help the network administrator of this company by providing the functions of the high level such as managing the file, which all the building need to, have this access. Another suitable function of this company is managing the network facilities and the internet.
- System utilities: System utilities include the laser printer, projector and many other types of equipment which are required for managing the software. According to Wang et al. (2013, p.530), this case study is based on Beta communication limited, where, the 3rd building has only manager and PA, which needs to have laser projector and printer.
- Operating System at hardware level: This component of software can help this company for having control over the resources of the physical system such as managing the memory, managing the process, managing the disk drive. This is required by the NI manager and Telco products manager of Beta Communication.
- Internet and network services: This includes Internet, FTP, TCP/IP and application serving, which can help the 1st lie support for storing the data and managing the application
The role of components of hardware:
- Networking: Networking can connect the computers or the powerful computers of this company to the internet or with any other computers such as the modem, direct cable connections or network card (Nadeau and Gray, 2013, p.09). In this case scenario, this director of this company has been suggested for implementing the LAN within their new premise; therefore, they can have the large server for data and application and for video conferencing as well.
- Motherboard: This can help the company for having direct communication with the various devices connected to each computer. The Network Infrastructure Manager of this company requires the powerful personal computer for checking the status of Management Information System and video conferencing as well. Therefore, in accordance with Nadeau and Gray (2013, p.12), the motherboard can have the control over the Web camera; the main purpose of this component for making sure that the information can reach its destination.
- Peripheral devices such as output: Output devices such as Printer and projector, as the 3rd building of Beta Communication can have access to the laser printer and laser projector. Moreover, the general staffs of the 2nd building also need to have a network printer and laser printer; therefore, both the department can print the most important data and information, which needs to be shared as hardcopy; whereas, the projector can help the company for representing the data or information in a clear manner.
A.C 2.2 Discussing the types of server and the selection requirement for the given company case study
of network consultant, it has been found that this company requires server such as FTP server, Web server, Database server, communications server. In addition to it, communications server, proxy server and application server are also required by this company. Glint’set al. (2014, p.3) commented that each of the servers has specific importance, which helps this company for having an effective business and services provided to their customers. Moreover, these servers can also help each of the building to have an effective communication among each other. The specific importance’s of each server, which can meet the selection requirement, are given below:
- File Transfer Protocol Server: This is one of the oldest server types of server. This needs to be used in this case scenario because this server is responsible for sharing or transferring files from the server to the computer and vice versa. As the first line support needs FTP and web server, therefore, this server can ensure the department for data security and integrity while transferring the data from the server to the computer. Moreover, according to Glint’set al. (2014, p.2), have said that this server can enable the general staffs as well as another user of this company for uploading, editing or deleting files from the website using the clients of FTP
- Web server: This server can be responsible for hosting the website files and serving it up via the web browser. In this case scenario, department of second building such as ordering and delivery requires the web server for accommodating their new websites for online order. Here, the requirement of HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) is there, because it can help the delivery and ordering department for communicating with the customers.
- Communication Server: This server is required in this case because it can handle various functions of common communications for the network, which the Beta Communication Limited uses. According to Trapper (2014, p.78), have stated that those networks can be email and Internet services.
- Database server: As this server authorizes and authenticates the computers, connected to the same network, for accessing the resources within the logical domain. Therefore, it is useful for the general staffs, Telco products manager and the NI manager.
A.C 2.3 Discussing the Inter-dependence of workstation hardware with the networking components
Most of the hardware workstation hardware, which this company has asked for implementing, can affect the networking components. The workstation or diskless workstation is hungrier in nature, in respect of power. Therefore, it does not need to depend on the components of networking such as topology, server, protocol, which the company have been required to use. According to the concept of Menon et al. (2012, p.73), workstation hardware has its own operating system on the server. When the workstation requires for using the network component such as the printer, therefore, the server requires communicating with the network components (Refer to Appendix 2). It can be said like this also that the server can communicate on behalf of any workstation hardware.
This further can lead for the increment of traffic and congestion as well. Moreover, the entire computer network can use the hard disk of the server. Client hardware or workstation hardware needs to wait till the requested data is provided by the server hardware. Therefore, the bottom line has been deploying the workstation hardware or network computers within the network can increase the property of interdependence of the workstation hardware. Furthermore, according to Gupta and Jha (2015, p.1208), it is necessary for this company for installing the reliable software and hardware components on the server and can implement the backup techniques for the chosen server.
For the given case study, the computer network system needs to be implemented by considering the company’s limited budget because of the credit crunch. Therefore, as a network consultant, it has been found that various factors which are required to be considered for the implementation of a computer network system. Those factors are given below:
- Cost and Budget: As the budget of Beta communication Limited is limited, therefore, it is required to make a list of all which needs to be procured. It gets varied according to the requirement of each building. The overall budget of implementing LAN within the office of the chosen company is 20,000 dollar. The list of the budget is given below:(refer to appendix 5)
- Bandwidth: According to Érdi et al. (2013, p.10), has stated that for having the strong strength of the internet services, the bandwidth needs to be of good wavelength. Therefore, it can handle the traffic load and congestion. ● Location: In accordance with the statement of Liu et al. (2013, p.2870), assessing the physical location of all the system and the suitable location for the router need to be very specific, as this company is having three buildings. Therefore, deciding the best-suited location for placing the router is important (Leung et al. 2012, p.500).
- Security: As a network consultant, it can be stated that the most important issue, which this world of technology including the companies of telecommunication have been facing, is security. According to Leung et al. (2012, p.503), has stated that good security needs to be planned for the protection of the network system.
- Setting up: For setting up the network within this company is not so difficult; whereas, it only requires a crisp planning. For designing the network, as the network consultant, things which need to be kept in mind that, the size of the network, cost and bandwidth.
- Backup: Backup can save anyone from losing the important data and information. Therefore, it is also an important key while implementing any network within this company for protecting the data.
The computer network design is given below:
Figure 1: Network System
(Source: Leung et al. 2012, p.503)
The design of the network system has been appreciated by the manager of the chosen company, as this network system has been implemented as per their requirement and budget as well. The overall feedback for this implementation is supported by the good reviews given by the company as well as the review given by their customer. Future provision of this proposed technology can be further use of the latest or updated version of this proposed technology carrying latest tools, techniques and facilities as well (Steeples and Jones, 2012, p.19).
LO 4: Implementing and supporting the networked system
A.C 4.1 Implement a network systems based on the proposed design. You are required to use means of Simulation software, establish a network according to the design in task 3.
With the help of simulation software, designing of topology can be done. In this case study, implementation of network technology is required; therefore, CPT (Cisco Packet Tracer) can be used for performing and analyzing the different network activities. According to Liu and Zhou (2012, p.199), has stated that CPT is a multi-tasking network simulation software for the implementation of topologies (Refer to Appendix 3).
The configuration of the components of this technology: For configuring the IP address of this company’s interface, it is required to configure all the routers in a sequential manner (one by one). Then clicking on the router, opening a configuration window’s action takes place, filling up the IP address of the serial port, which is connected to the router, these steps are to be followed. Al-Fuqahaet al. (2015, p.2350) stated that filling the subnet mask, setting the rate of the clock and put the status of the port is ON. Then, simulating the network using the simulation is to be done.
A simulation model of the mesh technology as shown in the below figure:
Figure 2: Simulated network topology
(Source: Al-Fuqahaet al. 2015, p.2350)
A.C 4.2 Test the network systems to meet the user requirements. Your testing includes functionality of the network to ensure that your developed network will operate seamlessly in a physical environment so that it can satisfy the user requirements.
This network system can be tested on the basis of its speed and performance of this topology. Routing of this topology have needed to be tested, it is due to the reason that in routing logic, broken links can be detected easily, moreover, it avoids the nodes. Therefore, the user can change their node for communication, if that node is found to be broken. According to the given case and in accordance with the statement Malik et al. (2012, p.880), partial mesh topology is the best-suited one for this company.
A.C 4.3 Document and analyze test result against expected results. While carrying out task 4.2, the testing of the network has produced a number of results. List the results you have found in task 4.2 by contrasting them with your expected results
Documenting the result gives better performance and outcome as expected by the network consultant before implementing the network technologies. As it was assumed that the designing of this topology will costs high and moreover, the installation and configuration of these technologies will be time-consuming. It has been assumed so because, there are three building of this company, among which two buildings have a requirement for this implementation. According to Anderson (2016, p.18), the first line support of 1st building and general staffs and ordering and delivery department of the 2nd building require this topology for exchanging or sharing the possible shared data.
A.C 4.4 Recommend potential enhancement for the networked systems. Your discussions should include how your developed network will cope with future changing needs and should address possible enhancements of your network to satisfy the needs of changing future environment.
The potential enhancement for the designed network system includes flexibility and versatility. Moreover, the dependability of this topology needs to be potentially enhanced. It is due to the reason that there is no central point of failure, that is, redundant paths between the devices, which can be used for bypassing the failed devices. Control of this topology is based on the setup, as the setup of this topology is more complex as compared to other topologies, therefore, there must be the central point. Moreover, at the central point, the network can be shut down.
A.C 4.5 Design a maintenance schedule to support the network systems. Your maintenance schedule should address various factors like personnel allocation, backup and recovery policy, maintaining security & integrity; and general administration to support the users.
Maintenance Schedule for supporting the proposed network system:(refer to appendix 4)
After analyzing the above case scenario, it has been previewed that Beta Communication Ltd. has appointed the network consultant for implementing effective network technologies. Moreover, as this company has three buildings, therefore, installation of new network technology has been done precisely as per the requirement of various users of this company. This implementation can further help this company for having more success in the sector of telecommunication.
Al-Fuqaha, A., Guizani, M., Mohammadi, M., Aledhari, M. and Ayyash, M., 2015. Internet of things: A survey on enabling technologies, protocols, and applications. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 17(4), pp.2347-2376.
Anderson, T., 2016. Theories for learning with emerging technologies. Emerging technologies in distance education.
Barnaghi, P., Wang, W., Henson, C. and Taylor, K., 2012. Semantics for the Internet of Things: early progress and back to the future. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), 8(1), pp.1-21.
Érdi, P., Makovi, K., Somogyvári, Z., Strand burg, K., Tobogganing, J., Volf, P. and Zalányi, L., 2013. Prediction of emerging technologies based on analysis of the US patent citation network. Cliometricians, 12(8), pp.1-18.
Giuliani, S., Llamas, C., Emmanouilidis, C., Pistons, P. and Kazantzakis, D., 2012, September. Wireless sensor network technologies for condition monitoring of industrial assets. In 19th Advances in Production Management Systems (APMS) (No. Part II, 13(5), pp.33-40.
Glint’s, G.O., Politi, C.T., Matricides, C., Nanou, M., Disunion, D., Gorgeousness, K. and Staves, A., 2014, July. Cost-effective adaptive optical network technologies for Metropolitan Area Networks. In Transparent Optical Networks (ICON), 2014 16th International Conference on IEE, 11(7) pp.1-4.
Gupta, A. and Jha, R.K., 2015. A survey of 5G network: Architecture and emerging technologies. IEEE access, 16(8), pp.1206-1232.
Leung, E.L., Cao, Z.W., Jiang, Z.H., Zhou, H. and Liu, L., 2012. Network-based drug discovery by integrating systems biology and computational technologies. Briefings in bioinformatics, 14(4), pp.491-505.
Li, Q.C., Niu, H., Athanasius, A.T. and Wu, G., 2014. 5G network capacity: Key elements and technologies. IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, 9(1), pp.71-78.
Liu, C., Zhang, L., Zhu, M., Wang, J., Cheng, L. and Chang, G.K., 2013. A novel multi-service small-cell cloud radio access network for mobile backhaul and computing based on radio-over-fibre technologies. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 31(17), pp.2869-2875.
Liu, Y. and Zhou, G., 2012, January. Key technologies and applications of internet of things. In Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), 2012 Fifth International Conference on IEEE. 11(1), pp.197-200.
Malik, S., Sardana, A. and Jaya, J., 2012, May. A keyless approach to image encryption. In Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2012 International Conference on IEEE. 16(9), pp.879-883.
Menon, S.S., Bhalani, J.K. and Pathak, S.K., 2012, May. Propagation characteristics of guided modes in a solid dielectric pyramidal horn. In Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2012 International Conference on IEEE. 12(2), pp.71-75.
Nadeau, T.D. and Gary, K., 2013. SDN: Software Defined Networks: An Authoritative Review of Network Programmability Technologies. 2nd eds. USA: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
Pryanichnikov, V. and Andreev, V., 2012. The application of network technologies to constructing group controlled systems with machine vision for mobile robots. In Annals of DAAAM for 2012& Proceedings of the 23th international DAAAM Symposium” Intelligent Manufacturing & Automation, 15(5), pp.2304-1382.
Steeples, C. and Jones, C. eds., 2012. Networked learning: Perspectives and issues. 2nd eds. London: Springer Science & Business Media.
Sydney, A., Nutra, J., Stoglin, C., Grenache, D. and Schulz, N., 2013. Simulative comparison of multiprotocol label switching and open flow network technologies for transmission operations. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 4(2), pp.763-770.
Trapper, C., 2014. Local computer network technologies, 3rd eds. London: Elsevier.
Vermeils, K., 2012. Networked publics. 2nd eds. London: The MIT Press.
Wang, A., Iyer, M., Dutta, R., Ruska’s, G.N. and Balding, I., 2013. Network virtualization: Technologies, perspectives, and frontiers. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 31(4), pp.523-537.
Figure 3: LAN technology
(Source: Vermeils, 2012, p.90)
Figure 4: Workstation
(Source: Menon et al. 2012, p.73)
Figure 5: Mesh Topology
(Source: Liu and Zhou, 2012, p.199)
|Review system logs for the errors and the potential issues||Updating the emergency disks of repair; typical downtime is in between Monday to Friday at 7 P.M|
|Review the service packs along with the installation history||Updating the program version; same Scheduling is there|
|Review the system backup and the data recovery process||Confirming the set of data needs to be backed up; Typical downtime is only Saturday and Sunday at 4 P.M|
Table 3: System maintenance
(Source: Created by author
|Documenting the network devices such as router, hubs and switches||Software licensing, email services, Web services; downtime lies between Monday to Thursday at 6 P.M|
|Reviewing the device configuration||The typical downtime on Sunday at Sharp 10 A.M|
|Reviewing the Firewall configuration||The maintenance schedule for this task is on Saturday and Tuesday at 12 P.M|
Table 4: Network maintenance
(Source: Created by author)
|Reviewing the disk usage|
|Second and fourth Saturdays of every month between 4 P.M to 7 P.M|
|Reviewing the statistics of hardware||Tuesdays and Wednesday between 5 pm to|
|Reviewing the configuration of antivirus program||Friday between 3 P.M to 6 PM|
Table 5: Workstation Maintenance
(Source: Created by author)
|List of activities||Allocate budget ($)|
|Server hardware||5,000 dollar|
|Server software||2,000 dollar|
|Server Setup||2,000 dollar|
|Communication Lines||4,000 dollar|
|Backup system||2,000 dollar|
|Security Firewall||3,000 dollar|
|Per user for the router support||110 dollar|