Marketing Planning-Btechnd Business Marketing
Unit outcomes, assessment criteria and evidence requirements
Unit outcomes are given below. Assessment criteria and evidence requirements are given below each task.
|Learning Outcome LO 1:||Be able to compile marketing audits|
|Learning Outcome LO 2:||Understand the main barriers to marketing planning|
|Learning Outcome LO 3:||Be able to formulate a marketing plan for a product or service|
|Learning Outcome LO4:||Understanding ethical issues in marketing|
|Merit grades awarded||M1||T1||M2||T1||M3||T2|
|Distinction grades awarded||D1||T1||D2||T2||D3||T1|
Expected sources:At least two of these sources must be cited in relevant tasks in your assignment.
- McDonald, M. & Wilson H. 2011. Marketing plans. 7th UK: Wiley.
- Jain, C. S. 1999. Marketing planning and strategy. 6th Delhi: South-Western.
- Hollensen, S. 2004. Marketing planning: a global perspective. Berkshire, UK: McGraw Hill.
- Wood, M.B. 2010. Essential guide to marketing planning. 2nd Harlow, UK: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Beamish, K. and Ashford, R. 2005. The official CIM coursebook: Marketing planning 2005-06. Oxford, UK: Elsevier Butterworth-Hienemann.
- Luther, W.M. 2011. The marketing plan: how to prepare and implement it. New York: AMACOM. Available at: <https://www.questiaschool.com/library/120075063/the-marketing-plan-how-to-prepare-and-implement> [Accessed: 24th October 2015].
- Birt, I. 2013. Writing your plan for small business success. Crows Nest, N.S.W., Australia: Allen & Unwin. Available at: <https://www.questiaschool.com/library/120083717/writing-your-plan-for-small-business-success> [Accessed: 24th October 2015].
Marketing planning plays a very vital role in the success of the organization. You are currently working in a market research team as a senior business research analystin Ogilvy & Mathers Ltd., a major market research firm. Your company’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) has asked to write a detailed marketing plan of a product/service for a client company of your choice.
Task 1: Report
Prepare a marketing plan of a product or service titled “Marketing Plan for[name of the product/service]”for an organization of your choice. Your plan must be unified and coherent. It must not exceed 3,500 words.
- Review changing perspectives in marketing planning.(P1.1)
(A) Different perspectives on marketing planning have been identified and explained.
(B) Their merits and demerits have been explained.
- Evaluate an organization’s capability for planning its future marketing activity.(P1.2)
The selected organization’s capability for planning its future marketing activity has been evaluated using SWOT analysis.
- Examining techniques for organizational auditing and for analyzing external factors that affect marketing planning.(P1.3)
(A) Various techniques for organizational auditing have been identified and explained.
(B) Any one technique for analyzing external factors that affect marketing planning has been identified and applied.
(C) The benefits of these technique has been explained with valid reasons and justifications.
- Carry out organizational auditing and analysis of external factors that affect marketing planning in a given situation.(P1.4)
(A) Anorganizational audit.
(B) An analysis of the external factors that affect marketing planning.
- Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques. (M2)
For P1.4: The method or techniqueused to carry out the organizational auditbeen justified with valid reasons or evidence.
- Assess the main barriers to marketing planning. (P2.1)
(A) Three main barriers to marketing planning have been identified and explained.
(B) The causes of these barriers have been discussed.
- Examine how organizations may overcome barriers to marketing planning. (P2.2)
(A) How an organization may overcome the barriers to marketing planning identified &discussed.
(B) A brief conclusion has been drawn and justified with valid reasons or evidence.
- Write a marketing plan for a product or service. (P3.1)
(A) Relevant background data on sales, costs, and the market, competitors have been collected and analyzed.
(B) The target markets, market needs, market trends, market growth and product offerings have been identified.
(C) Trends have been analyzed using a SWOT analysis.
(D) A realistic marketing plan has been designed using (a) SMART objectives; (b) Strategies; (c) Tasks; (d) Budgets; (e) Target dates; (f) Marketing Mix.
- Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions. (M1)
For 3.1: The marketing strategies used in the marketing plan have been justified with valid reasons or evidence.
- Explain why marketing planning is essential in the strategic planning process for an organization. (P3.2)
(A) The importance of marketing planning has been described.
(B) The role of marketing planning in the strategic planning process has been explained.
- Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions. (D1)
For P3.2: A critical reflection on the necessity of marketing planning in the strategic planning process of an organization has been written with proper justification.
- Examine techniques for new product development. (P3.3)
(A) New product development has been explained with the use of Ansoff’s Matrix.
(B) The usefulness of this technique for the selected organization has been explained with examples or reasons.
- Justify recommendations for pricing policy, distribution and communication mix. (P3.4)
For the selected product or service, the following have been recommended and justified with valid reasons or evidence:
(A) The pricing policy
(B) Distribution mix
(C) Communication mix.
- Demonstrate convergent/lateral/creative thinking. (D3)
For P3.4:Creativity and innovativeness has been demonstrated in justifying recommendations.
- Explain how factors affecting the effective implementation of the marketing plan have been taken into account. (P3.5)
(A) Factors affecting marketing plan have been identified and explained.
(B) Strategies to overcome these factors have been identified and explained.
(This provides evidence for LO1-P1.1, P1.2, P1.3, P1.4; LO2- P2.1, P2.2; LO3-P3.1, P3.2, P3.3, P3.4, P3.5; M1; M2; D1; D3)
Task 2: Presentation
Prepare and present to your faculty a PowerPoint presentation titled “Analyzing ethical issues in Marketing of [name of the product or service]”. The presentation should highlighting the key emerging ethical issues, their influences over marketing planning and how do company responds to such issues.
You must prepare cue cards to accompany your presentation. Your presentation and cue cards must not 1,000 words. Your presentation should not be more than 10 slides and 15 minutes. Follow the presentation format given in the document titled “Additional Guidance on Assignments”.
- Explain how ethical issues influence marketing planning. (P4.1)
(A) Three important ethical issues in marketing planning have been identified and described.
(B) Influence of identified ethical issues over marketing planning have been explained.
- Analyze examples of how organizations respond to ethical issues. (P4.2)
(A) Organization response to the ethical issues have been analyzed with the help of an example for each issues.
(B) The merits and demerits of the organization’s responses have been discussed.
- Present and communicate appropriate findings. (M3)
For P4.2: Ethical issues have been appropriately analyzed and their impact’s over the organization marketing planning have been appropriately presented and justified with valid reasons and justifications.
- Analyze examples of consumer ethics and the effect it has on marketing planning. (P4.3)
(A) Three examples of consumer ethics have been explained.
(B) The positive and negative effects of consumer ethics on marketing planning have been explained using these examples.
- Take responsibility for managing and organizing activities. (D2)
For Whole Presentation:
(A) Presentation has been prepared effectively and submitted on time.
(B) All activities have been planned and carried out effectively and on time.
(This provides evidence for LO4-P4.1, P4.2, P4.3; M3; D2)
- The Task 1 plan must be submitted as a PDF file named “Unit19_MKTPL_Oct2015_Task1_Plan_FirstnameLastname_StudentID,” where FirstnameLastname should be replaced with your first name and last name and StudentID should be replaced with your student ID.
- The PowerPoint Presentation must be submitted as a PPT file named “Unit19_MKTPL_Oct2015_Task2_PPT_FirstnameLastname_StudentID, where FirstLastName should be replaced with your first name andlast name and StudentID should be replaced with your student ID.
- Do not submit the first draft of your report. The report you submit must be at least the second edited version. Do the final editing: proof read for logical errors, spelling and grammar.
- Remember to upload all the files before you click the “Submit” button.Order Now