This is a solution of Managing Business Activities To Achieve Results that describes about Developing business
Managing Business Activities To Achieve Results
The cool car company are based in London. Their core business is the buying and selling of used cars. The company has a total of 83 staff based at this location. They have the managing director, a sales team, a marketing team, the buying team, operations and logistics team, servicing and dispatch team, legal team, finance team. At any one time they have on average 2,500 cars for sale. They have a website that is very active and is developed and maintained by the marketing team.
- Explain how the different departments in CCC would need to work together for the organisation to effectively meet their goals. Identify at least 5 departmental links.
- Explain the processes that CCC might go through to identify their aims and objectives and ensure that the company’s operations enable them to meet them.
- Explain how CCC can ensure that their outputs meet quality expectations through effective business process management.
- Select one of the departments that CCC has. As head of that department identify what internal and external responsibilities you must meet.
- Write three smart objectives for your team for this financial year and explain how they are relevant to the departments operations.
- Recommend systems that could be implemented to achieve the quality, time and financial constraints identified in budgeted forecasts by the organisation
- Identify a range of monitoring methods and control mechanisms to ensure that your department achieves its objectives.
TASK 2 (approx. 1,500 words)
South Central Ambulance Service NHS (SCAS)
South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (or SCAS for short) is part of the National Health Service (NHS). The Trust was established on the 1 July 2006 following the merger of four ambulance trusts in the counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire.They covers approximately 3,554 sq miles with a residential population of over four million. On 1 March 2012, they became a foundation trust where all emergency calls taken is monitored by the government. Their emergency operations centres handle around 500,000 emergency and urgent calls each year.
The organisation three main functions are: accident and emergency service to respond to 999 calls, 111 service for when medical help is needed fast but it’s not a 999 emergency and Patient Transport Service.
SCAS have good reputation amongst the local community. However the operations director for accident and emergency service that overseas the 999 calls have identified a few internal problems. The Operations director feels that the accident and emergency team has lost sight of the organisation need for quality and good customer service and are more focused on hitting its target. Additionally staff performance has slip with increased absenteeism, demotivated of staff and reduction in morale
- Advise the operations director of what quality systems are available and how these systems could be implemented to the benefit of the organisation.
- Explain the benefits to the organisation of having a ‘quality culture’ and how the organisation can monitor and evaluate personal performance to continually improve quality standards within the organisation.
- Identify what improvements the Trust can make to ensure that the manufacturing department maintain a strong alignment with the objectives of the entire organisation and address the current issues.
- Explain the implications of implementing the improvements that you have suggested on the other departments within the business and the organisation as a whole.
- As a health and safety consultant, explain what risk assessments SCAS are required to take by law identifying the improvements that would need to be made if the company does not conform to code.
- Explain the health and safety requirements in the following situations that are common in SCAS:
- A new member of staff has joined the organisation
- A new telephone system has been introduced
- Dangerous waste product needs to be disposed
- Maintenance work needs to take place in the call centre department
- Identify what health and safety policies and procedures that the company will need in order and what standard are needed to ensure they are effective and compliant.
- Construct a guide for staff training to enable the company to ensure practical application of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
|Pass criteria (P1)||Merit Criteria (M1)||Distinction Criteria (D1)|
|Evaluate the interrelationship between the different processes and functions of the organisation|
Justify the methodology to be used to map processes to the organisation’s goals and objectives
Evaluate the output of the process and the quality gateways
|A range of sources of information have been used to demonstrate understanding of the importance of business processes in delivering outcomes based|
upon business goals and
|Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|
|Pass Criteria (P2)||Merit Criteria (M2)||Distinction criteria (D2)|
Design plans which promote goals and objectives for own area of responsibility
Write objectives, which are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time based to align people and other resources in an effective and efficient way
Implement appropriate systems to achieve objectives in the most efficient way, on time, to budget and meeting organisational standards of quality
Carry out work activities meeting the operational plan through effective monitoring and control
|Effective judgments have been made when developing plans for own area of responsibility to implement operational plans||The importance of interdependence has been recognised and achieved when bringing plans, objectives, systems and activities 3.|
|Pass criteria (P3)||Merit Criteria (M3)||Distinction criteria (D3) (D3)|
Design systems to manage and monitor quality standards specified by the organisation
Demonstrate a quality culture to ensure continuous monitoring, evaluation and development of the process
Recommend improvements which align with the organisation’s objectives and goals and which result in improvements
Report on the wider implications of proposed changes within the organisation
|Relevant theories and techniques have been applied selecting appropriate systems to Monitor and improve organisational Performance|
Realistic improvements have been proposed against defined characteristics for success
|Innovation and creative thought has been used when identifying improvements to the organization and considering the implications of change|
|Pass criteria (P4)||Merit Criteria||Distinction criteria (D3)|
|Carry out risk assessments as required by legislation, regulation and organisational requirements ensuring appropriate action is taken|
Demonstrate that health and safety regulations and legislation applicable in specific work situations are correctly and effectively applied
Carry out a systematic review of organisational health and safety policies and procedures in order to ensure they are effective and compliant
Carry out practical application of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
Btech HND Assignment Help Australia provide best quality assignment writing service in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible assignment writing according to Students need, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now