IT Society ATHE 04 01 COMP
IT Society ATHE 04 01 COMP unit will develop learners’ understanding of the integration of hardware and software components. Learners will explore how hardware serves specific computer processing functions and investigate the use of various software applications . visit for project management assignment help
To achieve this unit, learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for this unit. Additional guidance is provided on the ATHE sample assignment brief. Learners will design a computer system in line with the client brief and they will need to demonstrate advanced database skills during the implementation stage.
1.Understand components of computer systems
1.1 Describe components of different computer systems
1.2Analyse networking infrastructures
1.3 Assess the function of components within a chosen computer system
1.4 Evaluate peripheral devices to meet different purposes looking for statistics assignment help
- Computer components: defining a computer system, system component types
- Networking infrastructures: system connectivity, network types, hardware infrastructure, networking software
- Component functionality: processing, memory, system interfaces (input/output)
- Peripheral devices: limitations of computer systems, designing expandable systems, device types.
- Understand IT issues in society
2.1 Explain the significance of digital citizenship to society
2.2 Explain the impact on individuals of living in the information age
2.3 Evaluate current issues in society relating to personal data
- Social issues: Government role in information handling, Cultural diversity as a success factor for IT, regional and national perceptions of IT.
- Professional issues: Code of ethics, IT professional culture.
- Shaping the future developments: Internet penetration in everyday life, Smart devices, Social networks, Managing data and information. also look essay writing service
- Understand current legal, ethical and regulatory issues in IT
3.1 Evaluate current legal, ethical and regulatory issues in IT
3.2 Assess the importance of ethical guidelines in IT
3.3 Evaluate the impact of a current legal, ethical or regulatory issue in IT on a chosen organisation.
- Legal issues: IT related liabilities, Legislation relating to IT, Impact of legislation on systems development.
- Ethical issues: Dealing with personal data, Ethical systems design and development.
- Risks: Computer threats, Digital crime, Privacy, Security, Impact of e-everything (e.g. e-marketing, e-banking).