This is a solution of Human Resource Management For Service Industries Assignment in which we discuss Developing business
Human Resource Management For Service Industries
This unit enables learners to gain understanding of human resource management, employee relations and employment law, recruitment and selection, and training and development in service industries. This unit looks at the key elements in human resource management. Learners will investigate employment law and how it affects service industries businesses.
They will also investigate the current state of employee relations in service industries. Learners will examine the practicalities of the recruitment and selection process in order to develop the skills required to effectively administer this human resources function. Learners will investigate training and development in service industries businesses to determine the contribution they make to an effective business. Learners must ensure that their evidence relates to the hospitality industry.
On Successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
1 Understand human resource management
2 Understand the effect of employee relations and employment law on service industries businesses
3 Understand the recruitment and selection process
4 Understand training and development in service industries businesses
|Task A Research report describing the human resource management issues and the effect of employee relations, and employment law on service industries businesses|
Final Formative Feedback Date: 28/10/2014
Carry out research into the understanding of human resource management. Using your research, produce a written report of your findings which should include:
a. Analyse the role and purpose of human resource management in a selected service industry (ref: 1.1)
b. Justify a human resources plan based on an analysis of supply and demand for a selected service industry business (ref: 1.2)
c. Assess the current state of employment relations in a selected service industry (ref: 2.1)
d. Discuss how employment law affects the management of human resources in a selected service industry business (ref: 2.2)
Word count: for task A. 1500-2000 words
|Task B Review of recent development|
Final Formative Feedback Date: 25/12/2014
Provide a written account demonstrating your understanding of the recruitment & selection process, and training & development in service industries businesses. It should provide an insight on the:
a. Discuss a job description and person specification for a selected service industry job (ref: 3.1)
b. Compare the selection process of different service industries businesses (ref: 3.2)
c. Assess the contribution of training and development activities to the effective operation of a selected service industry business (ref: 4.1)
Word count: for task B. 1000-1500 words
Specification of Assessment
- Present your work in one business report style which should include table of contents, reference list, foot or end notes and appendices if any
- Include the reference code of this assignment on your assignment submission front page.
- Each page must be numbered at the bottom right hand side.
- Ensure the following information is in the footer on every page:
- Your name
- The production date of your submission
- The code number of your assignment brief
- The page number
- Spell-check the document and make sure there are no grammatical errors.
- Complete all the tasks.
- Produce clear specific reasoning and arguments in support of your answers.
- Submit your work in a single work processed document of not more than 5000 words for all Learning Outcomes. This word limit is only a guideline, and does not include Appendices and Bibliography
- You must include a bibliography at the end to show where your information was sourced.
- Your sources must be identified using the Harvard referencing system. The words used in your bibliography will not be included in your word count.
Final Submission For all Task (A&B): 5th Dec. 2014
Summative Feedback on this coursework will be given on
19th December 2014.
Referral dropbox will open from – 22nd December, 2014
Referral submission deadline – 3rd January, 2015
Referral result declared – 9th January, 2015
Achievement of a pass grade
A pass grade is achieved by meeting all the requirements defined in the assessment criteria for each individual unit.
Achievement of a merit or distinction grade
All the assessment criteria and merit grade descriptors need to be completed within a unit to achieve a merit grade.
All the assessment criteria, merit and distinction grade descriptors must be completed within a unit to achieve a distinction grade.
Any learner submission that does not meet a targeted assessment criterion must be re-submitted by a date specified by the assessor.
|Grade Descriptors||Indicative Characteristics||Contextualised Grade Guidance|
Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions.
Select / design and
work and justify
lateral / creative
If an extension is necessary for a valid reason, requests can me made using a course work extension request form available from the college. Please note that the lecturers do not have the authority to extend the coursework deadlines and therefore do not ask them to award a coursework extension. See more about : Business Strategy Assignment Help
The completed form must be accompanied by evidence such as a medical certificate in the event of you being sick.
Any act of plagiarism and collusion will be seriously dealt with according to the regulations. In this context the definition and scope of plagiarism are presented below:
‘Plagiarism occurs when a student misrepresents, as his/her own work, the work, written or otherwise, of any other person (including another student) or of any institution. Examples of forms of plagiarism include:
- the verbatim (word for word) copying of another’s work without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- the close paraphrasing of another’s work by simply changing a few words or altering the order of presentation, without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- unacknowledged quotation of phrases from another’s work;
- The deliberate and detailed presentation of another’s concept as one’s own.’
All types of work submitted by students are covered by this definition, including, written work, diagrams, designs, engineering drawings and pictures.
‘Collusion occurs when, unless with official approval (e.g. in the case of group projects), two or more students consciously collaborate in the preparation and production of work which is ultimately submitted by each in an identical, or substantially similar, form and/or is represented by each to be the product of his or her individual efforts. Collusion also occurs where there is unauthorised co-operation between a student and another person in the preparation and production of work which is presented as the student’s own. (ibid)’
All submissions will be via Moodle and processed by Turnitin to check for plagiarism. You should aim for an overall score of no more than 15% with no single source over 4%.
All work for assessment must be submitted with a Turnitin Report on plagiarism. The Maximum Turnitin score admissible is 15% (after deduction of 1% & 2% records). Assignments with more that this adjusted 15% score will be automatically referred for reworking and resubmission . See more : Unit 13 Personal And Professional Development
Assignment Resubmission Policy
A Resubmission is any work handed in for final assessment a second time.
The Final Deadline is the date on which the whole assignment must be completed and submitted (usually in week 12 at the end of the semester).
Work submitted To be Resubmitted
- Referred after Final Deadline Four weeks after the final deadline
- Missed Final Deadline End of next semester
- Missed formative assessment(s) and
Referred after Final Deadline End of next semester
- Referred SMALL after resubmission £25 reassessment fee
- Referred LARGE after resubmission Repeat semester and attend classes
Completed, assessed units (Pass, Merit) from your first Semester may be reworked and submitted for a higher grade once only on payment of a reassessment fee of £25.
Programme: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management
Unit Title and Number: HRM for Serice Industries (Unit 9)
Module Tutor: Dr. Sam Hazra
Learner’s Name :__________________________________Learner ID:___________________
|Assessment Criteria||Met||Evidence Location|| |
|1.1||Analyse the role and purpose of human resource management in a selected service industry||Yes|
|1.2||Justify a human resources plan based on an analysis of supply and demand for a selected service industry business||Yes|
|2.1||Assess the current state of employment relations in a selected service industry||Yes|
|2.2||Discuss how employment law affects the management of human resources in a selected service industry business||Yes|
|3.1||Discuss a job description and person specification for a selected service industry job||Yes|
|3.2||Compare the selection process of different service industries businesses|
|4.1||Assess the contribution of training and development activities to the effective operation of a selected service industry business||Yes|
|Merit Descriptors||Assessment Criteria for Merit.|
The learner demonstrates that:
|Met Y/N||Page No.||Assessor Comments|
|M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions.||· effective judgements have been made|
· complex problems with more than one variable have been explored
· an effective approach to study and research has been applied
M2 Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques
|· relevant theories and techniques have been applied|
· a range of methods and techniques have been applied
· a range of sources of information has been used
· the selection of methods and techniques/sources has been justified
· the design of methods/techniques has been justified
· complex information/data has been synthesised and processed
· appropriate learning methods/techniques have been applied
|M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings||· the appropriate structure and approach has been used|
· coherent, logical development of principles/concepts for the intended audience
· a range of methods of presentation have been used and technical language has been accurately used
· communication has taken place in familiar and unfamiliar contexts
· The communication is appropriate for familiar and unfamiliar audiences and appropriate media have been used.
|Distinction Descriptors||Assessment Criteria for Distinction.|
The learner demonstrates that:
|Met Y/N||Page No.||Assessor Comments|
|D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|| conclusions have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas and have been justified|
· the validity of results has been evaluated using defined criteria
· self-criticism of approach has taken place
· realistic improvements have been proposed against defined characteristics for success
|D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities||· autonomy/independence has been demonstrated|
· substantial activities, projects or investigations have been planned, managed and organised
· activities have been managed
· the unforeseen has been accommodated
· the importance of interdependence has been recognised and achieved
|D3 Demonstrate convergent / lateral / creative thinking||· ideas have been generated and decisions taken|
· self-evaluation has taken place
· convergent and lateral thinking have been applied
· problems have been solved
· innovation and creative thought have been applied
· receptiveness to new ideas is evident
· effective thinking has taken place in unfamiliar contexts
Btech HND Assignment provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now