Human Resource Management Environment in USA
Here are few legislations and code and conducts that influence the human resource management environment in USA — a brief overview of those factors that every HR professional needs to acknowledge:
- The minimum wage in USA is $7.25 an hour. But US workers are going rogue about raising the minimum wage in United States. The fight for minimum wage to $15 an hour is gaining momentum with days. As a result, California and New York have agreed to provide minimum wage of $15 an hour by 2022.
- In USA, employees going through a life-changing event like divorce can seek help from the HR professionals. The HR team helps the person cope up with some issues like updating personal details, changing medical insurance coverage, changing life insurance beneficiaries, changing retirement accounts, etc.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows an employee to take unpaid, job protected leave for family and medical purposes with continuation and of group of health insurance coverage with the exact terms and conditions as if the employee has not taken leave. A survey found the request for FMLA has increased in five years. Therefore the HR professional counter difficulties implementing regulations related to it.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act ensures occupational health and safety of employee in private sector and federal government agencies of USA. In order to keep the standards in workplace, the act has created an autonomous research institute named as National Institution for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). OSHA is the regulated occupational health and safety body on behalf of US federal government in all 50 states.
- Diversity in the workplace can create challenges for HR professionals. Working with the diversity issue need a firm understanding of the federal laws that cover the issues of discrimination in workplace. The most significant federal laws related to diversity in workplace are Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (VII), the Equal Pay Act (EPA), Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), The Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Human Resource Management Environment in Canada
The following are the most influencing factors that affect human resource environment in Canada. Five vital points are described in brief here:
- Canada’s current and forthcoming minimum hourly wage rate is $10.45 for experienced adult workers. The rates increase on the basis of the average percentage change in Consumer Price Index and also depend on change of percentage in average hourly wage in the individual provinces during previous years.
- While establishing a job evaluation policy, the HR professional need to concentrate on meeting the pay equity legislation requirements. Besides, provincial human rights codes need the employers to treat the employees fairly and equally without discrimination. The job evaluation policy should include the rules and regulation on deciding compensation structure, staffing and promotion.
- If the contract worker is an employee of the organization, the organization is entitled to pay the employee premiums and provide every facility that it offers to its employees like Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, Worker Compensation etc and also provide benefits mandated by the provincial Employment Standards.
- When it comes to hiring and recruitment, it is necessary for the HRM department to be objective and focused on the requirements of the job in order to avoid any type of discrimination. The HR professionals should consult with the human rights legislation to make sure the recruitment process complies with it.
- When compensating the employees, the HR policies of an organization should consider labor standards, human rights, employment insurance, pay equity, occupational health and safety, pension or retirement benefits and labor relations. The HRM department has to be fully aware of updated HR Toolkit, keep track of key government websites to ensure that the organization’s compensation complies with current legislation.
Human Resource Career Path
Even the smallest of organizations require HR personnel to place their organization in a more manageable position. With a drastic change in HR manager’s role, there is high demand for skilled and experienced personnel, although, the HR team’s functioning and job roles vary from one organization to another. In the mid-size corporations, the HR managers have to manage only the sales team, but in big organizations, the complexity of the duties extends to other departments as well. On the bright side, a HRM job pays highly competitive compensation compared to other departments of an organization.
Keeping the modern HRM policies in mind, a HR manager has to be smart, well-educated, one who is able to fulfill organizational expectations and deal with employees in stressful circumstances. The HRM departments offer well-defined career opportunities. The HRM career path can be a viable solution to any graduate students, but specialization in the same is preferred by most organizations. If you choose to pursue your career in HRM, you need to undergo a constant learning process and advancing statistical and financial skills.
If you have chosen human resources management as a career option then you should be aware of the qualities of a HR manager. Here are the essential requirements that employers seek in HR managers:
- Excellent communications skills, high motivation levels and ethics
- Organized, meticulous and compassionate
- Complete knowledge of labor laws, motivational psychology, compensation structure and effective recruiting strategies
- Strong ability to provide right directions to the complex employees
- Possess knowledge of how to take disciplinary actions as and when required.
Career Paths under Human Resource Management
Here are the typical career paths that students would like to pursue:
Experienced business professionals take interest in HRM too
Most business leaders still complain that HR managers lack the business sense they are supposed to have. Business leaders are more interested in talking about numbers, whereas HR managers still hang on emotions and they have no control over the senior managers. This is one significant reason that is encouraging more experienced business professionals to take up the HRM career path. They are capable of turning the emotional department into a one that connects with the finance department. Therefore, the need of high business acumen is the newest addition to the HRM’s needed skills. Having business acumen enables a HR manager to explore more choices in an organization like financial management, operational management, etc. This is why this career path is fast turning challenging as well as promising.
Bratton, J., & Gold, J. (2012). Human resource management: theory and practice. Palgrave Macmillan.
What are the common issues that students face in HR assignment writing?
Both graduate and diploma students of human resource management are asked to write human resource management assignments. The students need to remember that professors and tutors never appreciate mediocre level human resource assignment. They have to deliver impressive quality work in order to match the professor’s expectations. Here are the major problems that students counter during the course of human resource management assignment writing and HR essay writing:
- The students need to strictly abide by the given regulations and guidelines
- The assignment should not reflect any inaccurate information. The students always need to cross-check the facts before using it
- Selection of topics often brings tension and depression to students. Majority of the times, they feel confused among the choices
- Compiling the assignment in one place can be pretty difficult. The students need to review their references and notes in a manner that they do not miss anything.
- Time crunch. Deadlines are most feared by the students. Owing to limitation of time, the students rush through the task and end up with poor quality work.
These above complications can be avoided through human resource management service help assignment from subject experts. These experts are available 24×7 for managing human resource assignment help services. They understand the issues well because they also have suffered the same during their academic years.
How cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk can resolve the HRM students assignment problems?
Human resource management assignment help is the premier assignment help provided by world’s No. 1 assignment service provider, cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk. We offer human resource management assignment sample solution on topics where the students struggle to make any progress. Over the time, we have assembled our expert team with intense care. Our experts, belonging to diverse backgrounds can help you to write assignments on any given topic. Not only they help you to finish the assignment, but also help you in creating good quality content regardless of its level and complexity. Moreover, they also have extensive knowledge in formatting and referencing assignments to make the content authentic. We also have unlimited revision policy, if you find anything missing in the solution or have not matched your requirements properly, all you have to do is send back your assignment for revision and our experts will do the correction within 24 hours.
Students can refer to our human resource management assignment samples, which are available free on our website. These human resource management assignment samples can give you a basic idea of the requirements of human resource assignment writing. These samples include human resource essays, online HRM assignments and human resource management case study assignments.
Our Writers’ Strengths:
- Plagiarism-free content
- On-time delivery
- 24×7 availability of customer services
- Professional writers, expert tutors and proficient editors and proofreaders
- 100% authentic content
- 3000+ qualified and experienced experts in more than 100 disciplines
- Maintaining confidentiality with each order
- 100% satisfaction with each order.
You can avail our assignment help service in three simple steps. Contact our customer support executives to place your order and get a free quote. Make the payment. At the end, receive the complete solution in your account.