HI5015: Legal Aspects of International
This assignment is to be submitted by the due date via Safe Assign on Blackboard.
The assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
It is the responsibility of the student submitting the work to ensure that the work is in fact his/her own work. Ensure that when incorporating the works of others into your submission that it appropriately acknowledged.
This is an individual assignment. Students undertake to complete this assignment individually without any assistance from any other student or person. The assignment consists of 3 questions, which must be answered in essay form. All questions are required.
Please read and re-read these instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes in writing and submitting your assignment.
- The total word limit for the assignment is 2,000 words (+/- 10% allowed). Each question has a specific word counts; please follow these individual word counts. Word count limits are strictly enforced. A deduction of 2 marks will be imposed for every 50 words over the word counts for each individual question and the total word count allowed for the entire report.
- The total word count for the entire report must be clearly written on the cover sheet of the assignment and the individual word counts written after the answer to each individual question. A paper will not be marked if the word counts are not written on the cover sheet.
- This assignment requires you to choose and write about a multinational company (MNC) operating in Australia. Following these instructions is a list of multinational companies to choose from.
- Enter the name of your chosen MNC in Blackboard.
- Go to “Assignments and due dates” > “Individual assignment: choose your Multinational Company”.
- Choose a company from the list of 100 multinational companies (MNCs) to research and write about.
- You cannot choose a company that has already been chosen and entered by another student before you.
- Unless your lecturer advises otherwise, you can work on your chosen MNC as long as it has not been chosen by another student before you.
- A 50% deduction automatically applies if you work on a company different from the one you entered in Blackboard, without obtaining prior permission from your lecturer.
- Submissions must be de done online and run through SafeAssign on Blackboard. A signed cover sheet must be attached showing the total word count for the assignment. No hard copies are required.
- Submissions through SafeAssign must show a similarity percentage figure. Any submission that does not show a SafeAssign similarity percentage will not be marked and be required to re-submit.
- Late submissions will be subject to Holmes Institute policy on student assessment submission and late penalties (please refer to subject outline and Student handbook).
Citation and referencing:
- Each answer must have a minimum of 3 scholarly, academic references (minimum of 9 in total for the entire assignment) which are appropriate for a Masters Level assignment.
- Assignments are expected to observe proper referencing in accordance with a generally accepted system of citation (ex, Harvard System; Australian Guide to Legal Citation). A properly referenced assignment showing in-text citation is critical to passing the group assignment.
Safe Assign similarity percentage:
- Plagiarism in any form, shape or manner is unacceptable under any circumstances and will be dealt with according to Institute policy on plagiarism.
- In general, for written reports, a SafeAssign similarity percentage of 25% or below is acceptable. Regardless of the similarity figure, all group reports must use in-text citation and observe proper referencing rules.
- Identify a multinational company (MNC) operating in Australia. Provide a brief description of the company including the following:
The industry the company operates in Number of staff in Australia
Number of staff globally
Location of global headquarters
- Identify any legislative regulatory framework/s affecting the MNC you have identified operating in Australia and discuss why and how it affects the company. For example, multinational corporations, like local companies, are subject to 30 per cent corporate tax.
- Identify any treaties, conventions or agreements that have impacted on the products or services that your chosen MNC provides in Australia. How does it impact the provision of these products and services?