HA2042 Accounting Information Systems
- This assignment is to be completed by a group of 2 – 4 students.
- Students must report the names and student IDs for all group members to the lecturer of their class by e-mail before the end of week 7.
- This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
- It is the responsibility of the group to ensure that the work is in fact their own work.
Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
- Maximum marks available: 20 marks.
- The word limit for the assignment is 3,500 words. Please use “word count” and include in report.
- Due date of submission: Week 9, Sunday at 23:59 p.m.
You are recently employed as a graduate consultant in a management consultancy firm and are assigned to a team. One of your firm’s clients under your team is currently evaluating its accounting system and the CFO of your client thinks that they needed to make an investment in an accounting software to take their business to the next level.
Your group is required to prepare a report to evaluate and recommend an accounting software for an Australian company of your group’s choice (your firm’s client). The report should include the following components:
- Assignment cover page clearly stating your name and student number
- A table of contents, executive summary
- A brief introduction or overview of what the report is about.
- Body of the report with sections to answer the above questions and with appropriate section headings
- List of references
The body of the report should cover the following areas:
Provide a description of your client and its business activities.
- Business requirements
What outcomes are required from these processes to achieve business objectives?
- Systems requirements
What are some of the possible software features or functionalities that the firm should consider to achieve their IT investment objective?
- Software selection
Visit the web sites of accounting software package vendors (e.g. SAP, MYOB, Xero etc.). You need to visit at least three (3) software vendors’ websites.
Which category of accounting software (low, medium or high-end) suitable for the firm? Give your justifications in detail.
- Vendor selection
Compare and contrast the features/functionalities of two accounting software packages offered by accounting software package vendors within your selected category in e).
Which one would be the most suitable vendor and accounting software package for your client and why?