Guideline and Checklist for Final Proposal
- Title Page
Choose an interesting title for the report, the title should indicate the nature of problem/research being investigated. If client organisation is used, the name of the organization should be part of the title.
- Abstract/Executive Summary
Executive summary should provide key information of your research, 1 page is preferably. Provide summary of :
- The introduction of the research
- The matter being investigated
- The research design and methodology
- Introduction to the research
This section should give convincing background about the research and why the topic is worth to research, by providing evidences to support your arguments. Key points to be included in this section are:
- Introduce the topic of the research
- Overview of client organization (if any)
- What real problem does the research seek to resolve and why is it important to research this topic
- Outline the structure of this proposal.
- Research problem and research objectives
This section should be straightforward, state the overall research problem and research objectives based on your brief research plan (A1), revised A1 if necessary.
- Theoretical Background/Literature review
Link your literature review back to your research problem.
- Research Design and Methodology
This section should provide detail plan of research design and research methodology. It should consist information on:
- Inform and justify the type of research (exploratory, descriptive or causal)
- Inform and justify the research approach (quantitative, qualitative or mixed approach)
- Describe how data will be collected: interview, focus group or observation for qualitative research, and/or survey and experiment for quantitative research
- Describe and justify the sample: sampling frame, sampling methods and technique, sampling characteristics and size.
- Inform how the data will be analysed : theme-based analysis for qualitative research and statistical analysis for quantitative research, or a combination of both for mixed approach)
- Explain how the methodology plan address all ethical concern.
Please note: only provide an overview of YOUR research design and methodology, do not discuss theory on research methodology.
- Reference List : Formatted using Harvard (Anglia) style.
- Appendix : include proposed ethical approval form and informed consent form if relevant