This is a solution of Customer Service in Travel and Tourism in which we discuss Some of the best customer service techniques which proves to be useful for the Travel and tourism industry.
Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
1.Describe some of the best customers service techniques
Travel and Tourism industry is expected to possess huge potential of growth and is also considered to be a significant factor in contributing towards the economic development of the different countries (Aldebert, Dang and Longhi, 2011). Some of the best customer service techniques which proves to be useful for the Travel and tourism industry can be discussed in detail as follows –
- Providing a warm welcome to the tourists – The staff or the tour operators must ensure that they provide warm welcome to their customers experience as it helps to create a first impression in the minds of the customers.
- Proving Fun and entertainment to the tourists – The ultimate objective of the tour operators must be to ensure fun and entertainment to their tourist which will ultimately lead to customer satisfaction as well as may even lead to the delight of customers.
- Must be prepared to deal to effectively handle different kinds of situations – The staff of the travel and tourism industry must be well trained to handle any king of uncertain or rather unavoidable situation effectively as well as efficiently
- The staff must be responsive, have apositi8v attitude, must possess the quality of empathising with the customers, must be enthusiastic towards taking initiatives and also must ensure effective team work.
2.Benefits of providing good customer service
There are various benefits of providing good customer service and the most important one being that of providing or ensuring customer satisfaction. Some of the other benefits of customer service can be stated as follows –
- It helps to build a hood reputation of the company or the tour operator
- It also ensures word of mouth publicity of the tour packages offered by the tour operator
- It also helps to generate good profits for the company which ultimately leads to the growth and the success of the company or the tour operator
- It helps to ensure sustainability of the firm
- It provide cost advantage to the company which ultimately proves to be helpful in handling competition successfully (Shaw, Bailey and Williams, 2011)
- It also helps to provide employee satisfaction as well
3.Comparison of the service to two different customer types, by two different Travel and Tourism business areas
The following is the comparison between the two different customer types in two different as well as the most important travel and tourism business areas hotels( For example Good Wood Hotel) and airways (for example Atlantic Airways) –
|Elite Class customers||§ Special facilities|
§ Special arrangement for the pets accompanying them
§ Well furnished rooms with good ambience
§ Access to gym and swimming pools
|§ Business Class seating arrangements|
§ Comfortable environment
§ Less number of people
|Middle class to Upper middle class customers||§ Normal facilities|
§ No special arrangement for the pets
§ Simple decorated rooms
|§ More number of people|
§ More congested (Economy class)
§ Simple seating arrangement not as comfortable as the elite or business class
Aldebert, B., Dang, R.J. and Longhi, C., 2011. Innovation in the tourism industry: The case of Tourism@. Tourism management, 32(5), pp.1204-1213.
Shaw, G., Bailey, A. and Williams, A., 2011. Aspects of service-dominant logic and its implications for tourism management: Examples from the hotel industry. Tourism Management, 32(2), pp.207-214.
Cheap Assignment Help UK provide assignment writing service based on customer requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, order now