This is a solution of Computer Systems (CS) Btechnd Assignment in which we discuss Involvement in computer systems in activities.
- A Cover page or title page – You should always attach a title page to your assignment. Use previous page as your cover sheet and be sure to fill the details correctly.
- This entire brief should be attached in first before you start answering.
- All the assignments should prepare using word processing software.
- All the assignments should print in A4 sized paper, and make sure to only use one side printing.
- Allow 1” margin on each side of the paper. But on the left side you will need to leave room for binging.
- Ensure that your assignment is stapled or secured together in a binder of some sort and attach the Softcopy (CD) of your final document, system on last page.
Word Processing Rules
- Use a font type that will make easy for your examiner to read. The font size should be 12 point, and should be in the style of Time New Roman.
- Use 1.5 line word-processing. Left justify all paragraphs.
- Ensure that all headings are consistent in terms of size and font style.
- Use footer function on the word processor to insert Your Name, Subject, Assignment No, and Page Number on each page. This is useful if individual sheets become detached for any reason.
- Use word processing application spell check and grammar check function to help edit your assignment.
- Ensure that your printer’s output is of a good quality and that you have enough ink to print your entire assignment.
- Check carefully the hand in date and the instructions given with the assignment. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Ensure that you give yourself enough time to complete the assignment by the due date.
- Don’t leave things such as printing to the last minute – excuses of this nature will not be accepted for failure to hand in the work on time.
- You must take responsibility for managing your own time effectively.
- If you are unable to hand in your assignment on time and have valid reasons such as illness, you may apply (in writing) for an extension.
- Failure to achieve at least a PASS grade will result in a REFERRAL grade being given.
- Non-submission of work without valid reasons will lead to an automatic REFERRAL. You will then be asked to complete an alternative assignment.
- Take great care that if you use other people’s work or ideas in your assignment, you properly reference them, using the HARVARD referencing system, in you text and any bibliography, otherwise you may be guilty of plagiarism.
- If you are caught plagiarising you could have your grade reduced to A REFERRAL or at worst you could be excluded from the course.
Statement of Originality and Student Declaration
I hereby, declare that I know what plagiarism entails, namely to use another’s work and to present it as my own without attributing the sources in the correct way. I further understand what it means to copy another’s work.
- I know that plagiarism is a punishable offence because it constitutes theft.
- I understand the plagiarism and copying policy of the Edexcel UK.
- I know what the consequences will be if I plagiaries or copy another’s work in any of the assignments for this program.
- I declare therefore that all work presented by me for every aspects of my program, will be my own, and where I have made use of another’s work, I will attribute the source in the correct way.
- I acknowledge that the attachment of this document signed or not, constitutes a binding agreement between myself and Edexcel UK.
- I understand that my assignment will not be considered as submitted if this document is not attached to the attached.
Mr. & Mrs. Gunawardana are newly graduated, newly married couple who are planning to start a business of their own. Mr. Gunawardana is a Specialist Architecture who has been the batch top and has experience in many aesthetic (Visual) architectural designing in his pocket. His last project ended up with a quite a good sum of cash in his hand and he has planned to launch an architecting firm of his own. His primary tools are AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max & Home Plan Pro. He is a tech enthusiastic who seek the latest technology, and never think twice to reserve budget on modern tech, that will allow him to do his business better and faster.
Mrs. Gunawardana, a Marketing and business management specialist, with a very high potential and determined to make their newly planned business a success. She will be focused on bringing business to their new company from individual and corporate customers while Mr. Gunawardana focuses on designing and architectural work. Mrs. Gunawardana too has some hand on experience on designing software’s but not as intensive as Mr. Gunawardana’s.
You, a family friend, and Hardware specialist of the new business couple, have been invited to design a complete Computer System, to suit their needs in the new business.
Involvement in computer systems in activities, which were used to be carried out by humans, in various job roles has a negative impact on world job market and it is slowly becoming an issue in the modern world. Discuss the involvement of computers in several such sectors and describe the nature of the problem with suitable examples (LO 1.1) (M2.7)
Explain what makes a computer system; discuss various elements (components) which make a “Computer System” and their sub categories (Internal, Input, Output and Peripheral) with suitable examples. (LO1.2)
Various different types of computers have been/ are being built to cater different requirements. Present 5 such different types and explain their usage (LO 1.3)
Produce system design specifications to meet the requirements given in scenario above. (LO 2.1) (M1.1) (D1.1)
Evaluate the suitability of system design specifications for the above tasks. (LO 2.2) (M1.1) (D1.1)
You are required to perform following tasks.
- Use a tool to discover the details about hardware and software installed into the system (System Information) (Activity 04)
- Check the settings and functionality the of the Display, Sounds and Input devices through a “Diagnostic Tool” of the system (Activity 04)
And document the readings of the activities
- Prepare a “User Guide” (Technical Support Document) to guide users on how to perform Activity 05, 06 and 07 (LO 3.2)
Later, Mr. Gunawardana needed to use new Software for his work; however the new software does not work on the usual operating system, all those other software’s work. You assure him, repartitioning and installing a second OS in a multi-boot environment will be better than running the second on a virtual drive. Describe how you would achieve the goal with screen shots. (Activity 8, 9)
Practical Observation Sheet
|Learning Outcome (LO)||Date||Signature|
Assemble the computer system with the given Hardware resources
|2||Install Windows 8 operating system in to the computer system assembled||(LO 3.1)|
|3||Install and configure a “Shared Printer” in the computer system assembled and installed with Windows 8 operating system||(LO 3.1)|
a) Obtain the complete “System Summary” of the computer system
b) Check the settings and functionality the of the
II. Sounds and
III. Input devices
through a “Diagnostic Tool” in the system
Change Drive Letter of a drive.
|6||Format a removable Drive||(LO 4.1)|
|7||Perform scan disk operation on a drive||(LO 4.1)|
|8||Repartition a drive||(LO 4.2)|
Repartition and Install second operating system of your choice to the system.
|(LO 4.2)|| |
|Outcomes/Criteria for PASS||Possible evidence||Page||Feedback|
|LO1Understand the function of Computer Systems|
1.1 explain the role of Computer Systems in different environment
|1.2 explain the hardware, software and peripheral components of a computer system||Task 2|
|1.3 compare different types of Computer Systems||Task 3|
|LO2 Be able to design Computer Systems|
|2.1 produce a system design specification to meet a client’s needs||Task 4|
|2.2 evaluate the suitability of a system design specification||Task 5|
|LO3 Be able to build and configure Computer Systems|
|3.1 build and configure a computer system to meet a design specification||Activity 1,2,3||Outcomes covered through Activities|
|3.2 test and document a computer system|
Task 6 , Activity 4
|LO4Be able to undertake routine maintenance on Computer Systems|
4.1 perform routine maintenance tasks on a computer system
|Activity 5,6,7||Outcomes covered through Activities|
|4.2 upgrade the hardware and software on a computer system.||Activity 8, 9|
|Grade Descriptor for MERIT||Possible evidence||Feedback|
|M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions|
M1.1 Effective judgments have been made
To achieve M1, You must demonstrate Effective judgments made when producing system design specifications to meet the requirements in the above given scenarios in Task 04. And justifying your selections in Task 05
|M2 Select / design appropriate methods / techniques|
M2.7 appropriate learning methods/techniques have been applied
|To achieve M2, You must demonstrate the usage of appropriate methods and techniques in explaining the role of Computer Systems in different environments in Task 01|
|M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings|
M3.3 A range of methods of presentation have been used and technical language has been accurately used
To achieve M3 your documentation must be well structured adhering to the formatting guidelines with non-overlapping facts.
Data provided are accurate, reliable and consistent.
Appropriate technical terms must have been used with correct screen shots where appropriate.
Grade Descriptor for DISTINCTION
|D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|
D1.1 Conclusions have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas and have been justified
|To achieve D1, you must demonstrate Effective Judgments made when producing system design specifications to meet the requirements in the above given scenarios in Task 04. And justifying your selections in Task 05 furthermore, you are expected to list assumption being made during the process.|
|D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities|
D2.3 Activities have been managed
|To achieve D2, you must follow secured and safety methods to perform the Activity 01 and Activity 07 and Gantt Chart must be provided at the appendix section and submit the work on time.|
|D3 Demonstrate convergent / lateral / creative thinking|
D3.7 Effective thinking has taken place in unfamiliar contexts.
To achieve D2, you must provide future enhancements for the Computer Systems you proposed by providing available new technologies that could be implemented. And how Computer Systems could impact enhancing different environments in future
Btechnd assignment uk provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now