Computer Systems-Btechnd Assignment
|AC||In this assessment you will have the opportunity to present evidence that shows you are able to:||Task no.|| |
Explain the role of computer systems in different environments
|1.2||Explain the hardware, software and peripheral components of a computer system||1|
|1.3||Compare different types of computer systems|
|LO2||2.1||Produce a system design specification to meet a client’s needs|
|2.2||Evaluate the suitability of a system design specification|
|LO3||3.1||Build and configure a computer system to meet a design specification||2|
|3.2||Test and document a computer system|
|LO4||4.1||Perform routine maintenance tasks on a computer system|| |
|4.2||Upgrade the hardware and software on a computer system|
|M1||Identify and apply extensive research methods and sources.|
|M2||Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques|
|D1||D1:Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions|| |
|D2||D2:Take responsibility for managing and organising activities|| |
I certify that the work submitted for this assignment is my own and research sources are fully acknowledged.
Student signature: Date:
|Your completed assignment must be handed in via the turnitin before the deadline.|
In addition to the above PASS criteria, this assignment gives you the opportunity to submit evidence in order to
achieve the following MERIT and DISTINCTION grades
Identify and apply extensive research methods and sources.
|· Relevant theories and techniques have been applied.|
Effective judgment have been made
An effective approach to study and research has been applied
|To achieve M1, you must demonstrate following :|
· Apply and analyse detailed knowledge and skills, using relevant theories and techniques learned on the course.
· Well explained the reasons for choosing components with justification for choosing.
· Comparison, with particular attention to details such as price, warranties etc.
And show effective time management strategies, also develop an appropriate strategy for resolving the set problems. Effective judgements will have to be made in order to accurately schedule the modules within the training programme and to ensure that all limiting factors with regard to personnel, dates and resource criteria have been addressed.
Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques
|· Relevant theories and techniques have been applied|
· A range of sources of information has been used
· The selection of methods and techniques/sources has been justified
Complex information/data has been explained
|To achieve M2, you must demonstrate following :|
· Well-constructed Work Breakdown Structure with explanations.
· Logical and sequential organized steps into designing PC.
· Clear description of principles of project management.
Some detailed knowledge and skills have applied using relevant theories.
Present and communicate appropriate findings
|· The appropriate structure and approach has been used|
Coherent, logical presentation of in development of principles/concepts for the intended audience
Technical language accurately used.
|To achieve M3 you must produce followings :|
· Information has been presented in the correct format in terms of layout and referencing.
· Timely submission of material.
· Concise reference of information and very good depth of research materials and presentation.
· Evidence of knowledge and understanding has been clearly demonstrated.
Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions
· The validity of the results has been judged.
· Conclusions have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas and have been justified
Realistic improvements have been proposed against defined characteristics for success
|To achieve D1 you must produce followings:|
· Excellent evaluation of range of components with full justification.
· Clearly identify the advantages of certain features of sub components.
· Evaluate different types of components and justify valid conclusions.
Take responsibility for managing and organising activities
|· Autonomy/independence has been demonstrated.|
· Substantial activities, projects or investigations have been planned, managed and organised.
The unforeseen has been accommodated
|To achieve D2 you must show the followings:|
· Student has worked independently finding their own areas of research and websites.
· Work is well organised and well-presented and has been completed within the allotted time span.
Demonstrate convergent/lateral/creative thinking
|· Ideas have been generated and decisions taken|
· Convergent and lateral thinking have been applied
· Problems have been solved
· Innovation and creative thought have been applied
· Receptiveness to new ideas is evident
Effective thinking has taken place in unfamiliar contexts
To achieve D2 you must show the followings:
· At this level ideas generated and decisions taken are original, creative and appropriate. This can be evidenced in most tasks.
· Clear evidence of relating performance to the scenario give in the assignment.
· Innovative and creative thinking has been shown in identifying potential needs. Student has clearly demonstrated alternative ways of identifying needs.
· Clear evidence of excellent presentation skill and confident use of extracted material.
Excellent depth of research materials used in presentation and I report.