Business Law Case Study
Looking for Business Law Case Study help, then this is the right place. The general consensus among career counselors is that not all legal practice areas are equally attractive. While some areas are susceptible to changes in the economic landscape, while others grow. Sectors such as civil law, business law, intellectual property law, environmental law and e-discovery law are some of the most preferred areas. Business law broadly governs areas of commercial transactions, sales, mortgages, contracts, bankruptcy etc. Business law case studies include disputes between two legal entities related to such issues. In such cases, disputes are given in the order with the possible legal solution to the students of law schools. Any law student will be committed to the fact that such legal case studies are exciting and also challenging as well. Here are some of the broad areas of controversy that can work as topics for potential legal matters.
Areas of business laws
Banks are financial institutions which are regulated by legal laws. Such laws can work at the level of the state as well as at the federal level. Banking law controls the interest rates, operating the checking accounts, receipt and transfer of checks and other negotiable instruments, the sum insured for the deposit amount.
Bankruptcy Laws provide for the reduction and elimination of discharge loans and can provide timelines for repayment of some non-discharge loans.
Consumer credit laws
The disputes arising between consumers and credit card companies are settled under such laws.
A contract is a legal agreement between two individuals who create some liability to be enforced by law. Disputes arising out of contractual breach are quite common.
Tenancy laws govern the agreements between tenants and landlords for residential and commercial property. Disputes about the terms of the tenancy contract are quite common.
Landed property transfer in a mortgage is in the form of security for loans from banks and other financial institutions.
Transactions for sale and the sale of goods are governed by the sale laws. Most of the disputes are related to the terms of the sale agreement
Business law examples with solutions
Here are examples of business laws from various legal scenarios. All these examples have been taken from the actual case studies given to students in legal schools. Before we try to answer them, here are some tips that you should remember. They are:
- Always remember that the purpose of writing a legal case study is to make complex and confusing legal content in a case so that the reader can quickly scan through them.
- Break the elements of the case study into various sub-continents: matter brief, facts of the case, issues (what is in dispute), logic and legal decision.
- We have to start with a brief description of the case. It should include all the major points of the dispute.
- After this, tell the legal facts of the case: the name of the parties and the legal status of each of them. Such basic legal information is necessary in court cases.
- Then isolate the main points of dispute.
- Next, we have the logic. Here you have to talk about which law to implement and why. If appropriate, the argument should include the name of the appropriate law and legal preceding names.
Consumer law example
Mr. Alex Hales recently returned the leased car to GM. However, he charged the service and the manual with no return to the service with the car service. Hales is not ready to pay the company back because he claims that he has not received any service history or manual from the supplier, which car was leased. Give Hales legal advice.
A legal dispute between GM and Alex Hales for not fulfilling the legal obligations under the lease agreement between the two.
- Under the lease agreement Hales and GM, the former is liable to pay for any damage or loss caused to the property of the company.
- However, Hales claims that there has been no violation of law since he has not received any service history or manual from the supplier. He has a written proof of that.
- Further, under consumer law, Hales has a right to protect his consumer interests.
- Hales should write a letter to GM stating that he was unable to return the service history and car manual since he has not received them from the suppliers. Further, he has written proof of them.
- He must also write to the supplier stating that if the case goes up to the court of law, then he is under law to implicate the supplier as the primary party responsible for the dispute.
Contract law example
A Seattle-based Smartphone company, HDC, asked software company SDC to develop software for them. The software company estimated $ 10,000 for a total of 20 days of work. It was agreed between the two companies that HDC will pay 30% SDC before the commencement of work, 60% of the initial version and 10% on the competition. After 10 days, the SDC of the work wrote a letter saying that the work will take longer because their main software developer has left the company. After 15 days the SDC wrote that saying that they will only be able to distribute the source code and will provide a supportive developer who will finish the rest. After 20 days, when HDC asked for the final version, SDC told them that it could provide 80 percent jobs and 60 percent promise would be made. However, scared of completion of the project, HDC canceled the contract and asked for a full refund. SDC has threatened to take HDC in court for violation of the contract.
HDC versus SDC due to an alleged breach of contract
According to SDC there was a breach of contract but according to HDC, the software company did not deliver them what was promised.
- SDC should give HDC back all the money.
- Otherwise, HDC can sue SDC.
Why students need help in writing business law case studies?
Students need help writing Business Law Case Studies because such case studies are quite complex and challenging. One case can invite various legal instances. Many overlapping laws may apply to the same case. These are all issues which should be considered while writing law case studies. Cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk is a leading assignment support provider that provides online assignment assistance, custom essay support and dissertation writing services to law students. Let us take you through the special features of our site for law students.
How Cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk helps law students in writing assignments?
Our law assignment help services have proved to be extremely beneficial for our students. Students get 100 percent theft of free theft by us. We also offer them a special Turnitin report. We save time by providing our services ahead of time. And that’s not all. We provide our services in a variety of topics, including law, management, computer programming and nursing. Our price is probably the best in business and our payment options are safe and secure. So log on to our website for a shiny academic career. All you have to do is log on, fill out the form and make a payment. Your assignment is waiting for you in the box.
Email ID: email@example.com