This is a solution of Business Event Management that describes about Developing business
Business Event Management
You are a newly hired Business Events Manager of a growing company. Your company is organising various business events for their clients. Your managing director has asked you to choose your choice of event from the following list:
- Team Building event
- Trade show
- Product launch
- Opening ceremony
- Networking event
- Golf event
You need to write a detailed report on how you would manage the chosen business event focusing on and discussing the areas given below:
LO1 Be able to plan an event or research project
1.1 carry out an identified event or project within an agreed timescale
1.2 write appropriate documentation
1.3 organise resources to carry out the event or project.
1.4 perform regular reviews and evaluations including the methods and resources
LO2 Be able to effectively administer an event or project:
2.1 set up the project, choose the completion date and allocate responsibilities
2.2 demonstrate leadership, effective time business management and skills of prioritising and delegating
2.3 support and monitor the project
2.4 take corrective action if necessary to keep the project on schedule
LO3 Be able to organise teamwork when managing an event or project
3.1 choose the appropriately sized team with the knowledge and abilities required for the project
3.2 demonstrate team-building skills and how to diffuse anger
3.3 show the importance of effective co-ordination and clear communication when liaising with the team
3.4 plan the actions and resources needed to achieve the success of the event or project
LO4 Be able to use a range of business communication systems in managing the event or project
4.1 create clear records of communication both internal and external and of team meetings
4.2 demonstrate good use of information system technology where applicable
4.3 produce information regularly and on time
Specification of Assessment
- Present your work in one business report style which should include table of contents, reference list, foot or end notes and appendices if any
- Include the reference code of this assignment on your assignment submission front page.
- Each page must be numbered at the bottom right hand side.
- Ensure the following information is in the footer on every page:
- Your name
- The production date of your submission
- The code number of your assignment brief
- The page number
- Spell-check the document and make sure there are no grammatical errors.
- Complete all the tasks.
- Produce clear specific reasoning and arguments in support of your answers.
- Submit your work in a single work processed document of not more than 3500 words for all Learning Outcomes. This word limit is only for guidelines, and is not applied to grading.
- You must include a bibliography at the end to show where your information was sourced.
- Your sources must be identified using the Harvard referencing system. The words used in your bibliography will not be included in your word count.
Achievement of a pass grade
A pass grade is achieved by meeting all the requirements defined in the assessment criteria for each individual unit.
Achievement of a merit or distinction grade
All the assessment criteria and merit grade descriptors need to be completed within a unit to achieve a merit grade.
All the assessment criteria, merit and distinction grade descriptors must be completed within a unit to achieve a distinction grade.
Any learner submission that does not meet a targeted assessment criterion must be re-submitted by a date specified by the assessor.
|Grade Descriptors||Indicative Characteristics||Contextualised Grade Guidance|
to find appropriate
Select / design and
|AC1.3; AC2.3; and throughout|
AC4.1; AC4.2; AC4.3
work and justify
lateral / creative
|Extension and Late Submission|
If an extension is necessary for a valid reason, requests can me made using a course work extension request form available from the college. Please note that the lecturers do not have the authority to extend the coursework deadlines and therefore do not ask them to award a coursework extension.
The completed form must be accompanied by evidence such as a medical certificate in the event of you being sick.
Any act of plagiarism and collusion will be seriously dealt with according to the regulations. In this context the definition and scope of plagiarism are presented below:
‘Plagiarism occurs when a student misrepresents, as his/her own work, the work, written or otherwise, of any other person (including another student) or of any institution. Examples of forms of plagiarism include:
- the verbatim (word for word) copying of another’s work without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- the close paraphrasing of another’s work by simply changing a few words or altering the order of presentation, without appropriate and correctly presented acknowledgement;
- unacknowledged quotation of phrases from another’s work;
- The deliberate and detailed presentation of another’s concept as one’s own.’
All types of work submitted by students are covered by this definition, including, written work, diagrams, designs, engineering drawings and pictures.
‘Collusion occurs when, unless with official approval (e.g. in the case of group projects), two or more students consciously collaborate in the preparation and production of work which is ultimately submitted by each in an identical, or substantially similar, form and/or is represented by each to be the product of his or her individual efforts. Collusion also occurs where there is unauthorised co-operation between a student and another person in the preparation and production of work which is presented as the student’s own. (ibid)’
All work for assessment must be submitted with a Turnitin Report on plagiarism. The Maximum Turnitin score admissible is 15% (after deduction of 1% & 2% records). Assignments with more that this adjusted 15% score will be automatically referred for reworking and resubmission.
Summative Feedback on this coursework will be given on
19th December 2014.
Referral dropbox will open from – 22nd December, 2014
Referral submission deadline – 3rd January, 2015
Referral result declared – 9th January, 2015
Assignment Resubmission Policy
A Resubmission is any work handed in for final assessment a second time.
The Final Deadline is the date on which the whole assignment must be completed and submitted (usually in week 12 at the end of the semester).
Work submitted To be Resubmitted
- Referred after Final Deadline Four weeks after the final deadline
- Missed Final Deadline End of next semester
- Missed formative assessment(s) and
Referred after Final Deadline End of next semester
- Referred SMALL after resubmission £25 reassessment fee
- Referred LARGE after resubmission Repeat semester and attend classes
Completed, assessed units (Pass, Merit) from your first Semester may be reworked and submitted for a higher grade once only on payment of a reassessment fee of £25.
Part 3 Assessment Record
Programme: BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (Marketing)
Unit Title and Number: Business Event Management (Unit 38)
Module Tutor: Gowher Malik/ Esther Aivinhenyi
Learner’s Name: __________________________________Learner ID:
|Assessment Criteria||Met||Evidence|| |
|1.1||carry out an identified event or project within|
an agreed timescale
|1.2||write appropriate documentation|
|1.3||organise resources to carry out the event or|
|1.4||perform regular reviews and evaluations|
including the methods and resources
|2.1||set up the project, choose the completion date|
and allocate responsibilities
|2.2||demonstrate leadership, effective time management and skills of prioritising and delegating|
|2.3||support and monitor the project|
|2.4||evaluate the use of intranets and extranets within business communication|
|3.1||choose the appropriately sized team with the|
knowledge and abilities required for the project
|3.2||demonstrate team-building skills and how to|
|3.3||show the importance of effective co-ordination|
and clear communication when liaising with the team
|3.4||plan the actions and resources needed to|
achieve the success of the event or project
|4.1||create clear records of communication both|
internal and external and of team meetings
|4.2||demonstrate good use of information|
technology where applicable
|4.3||produce information regularly and on time.|
|Merit Descriptors||Assessment Criteria for Merit the learner can:||Met||Where|
M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions.
|· effective judgements have been made|
· complex problems with more than one variable have been explored
· an effective approach to study and research has been applied
M2 Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques
|· relevant theories and techniques have been applied|
· a range of methods and techniques have been applied
· a range of sources of information has been used
· the selection of methods and techniques/sources has been justified
· the design of methods/techniques has been justified
· complex information/data has been synthesised and processed appropriate learning methods/techniques have been applied
|M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings||· the appropriate structure and approach has been used|
· coherent, logical development of principles/concepts for the intended audience
· a range of methods of presentation have been used
· technical language has been accurately used
· communication has taken place in familiar and unfamiliar contexts
· The communication is appropriate for familiar and unfamiliar audiences and appropriate media have been used.
|Distinction Descriptors||Assessment Criteria for distinction the learner can||Met||Where|
D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions
|· conclusions have been arrived at through synthesis of ideas and have been justified|
· the validity of results has been evaluated using defined criteria
· self-criticism of approach has taken place
· realistic improvements have been proposed against defined characteristics for success
D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities
|· autonomy/independence has been demonstrated|
· substantial activities, projects or investigations have been planned, managed and organised
· activities have been managed
· the unforeseen has been accommodated
· the importance of interdependence has been recognised and achieved
D3 Demonstrate convergent / lateral / creative thinking
|· ideas have been generated and decisions taken|
· self-evaluation has taken place
· convergent and lateral thinking have been applied
· problems have been solved
· innovation and creative thought have been applied
· receptiveness to new ideas is evident
· effective thinking has taken place in unfamiliar contexts
|Assessor’s General Comments:|
Resubmission Status: unnecessary SMALL LARGE
Please resubmit Sections indicated above to meet Assessment Criteria:
Resubmission Date 3rd January 2015
Assessor’s Signature:…………………………………………………… Date: ……………………………………
Btech HND Assignment provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, Order Now