This is a solution of Business Environment-Btechnd Assignment in which we discuss Developing business.
Unit outcomes, assessment criteria and evidence requirements
Unit outcomes are given below. Assessment criteria and evidence requirements are given below each task.
|Learning Outcome LO 1:||Understand the organizational purposes of businesses.|
|Learning Outcome LO 2:||Understand the nature of the national environment in which businesses operate.|
|Learning Outcome LO 3:||Understand the behavior of organizations in their market environment.|
|Learning Outcome LO4:||Be able to assess the significance of the global factors that shape national business activities.|
|Merit grades awarded||M1||T1||M2||T1||M3||T1|
|Distinction grades awarded||D1||T1||D2||T1||D3||T1|
ASSIGNMENT-SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Expected sources: You must read at least two of these sources and evidence of your reading must appear in your assignment as in-text citations.
- BPP Learning Media. 2010.Business essentials – business environment. London: BPP Learning Media Ltd.
- Worthington, I. and Britton, C. 2006. The business environment. Fifth edition. London: FT Prentice Hall.
- Learn,E. 2005. Business environment: management extra. London:Pergamon Flexible Learning.
- Dutta, S. 2006. Introductory economics (micro and macro). New Delhi: New Age International (P) Limited.
(b) Table of data: Must be submitted where relevant.
(c) Photos: Include photos in your reports/plans as evidence of your actually carrying out the required activities.
- Read the assignment brief carefully and make sure that you understand the work you should hand in and what is required of you. If you are uncertain, discuss it with your teacher.
- The assignment requires you to work by yourself and to produce authentic and, wherever possible, original work. You should not share your work with any other students.
- If you work in a group at any stage, you must present your own responses to each task.
- Some tasks may require Observation Records/Witness Statements. Your teacher will organize for these to be completed and you must attach these to your submitted work.
- You should not plagiarize any idea, writing, data or invention belonging to another person.
- Presentation of your work:
(a) Check that you have completed the required tasks. (b) Label each page with your name and page number. (c) Use a standard business report structure. (d) Word process the report. (d) Use 12 point Arial script. (e) Use the Harvard referencing system.
- This assignment is for the whole module.
You are running your own consultancy in Malé, Maldives. You have achieved great success in the last five years. One of the UK venture capital firms,3i Group Plc.,has approached you to conduct research on the business environment of the UK and the Maldives as it is considering investing $500million in producing canned tuna for the UK market. It knows that in the Maldives tuna is caught sustainably using pole and line fishery (Greenpeace, n.d.) and is therefore highly sought after in Europe. Using this method, the Maldives catches an estimated 30% of the West Indian Ocean tuna.
You are required to prepare a report, on the nature of organizational purposes and the UK national environment for your client, 3i, analyze the behavior of business organizations in their market environment and assess the significance of global factors that shape national business activities.
Your report must be unified and coherent. It must not exceed 4,000 words.
To successfully complete this task, you must:
- Identify the purposes of different types of organization in the UK. (P1.1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) Four different types of organization have been identified.(B) The purposes of the organizations have been identified.
- Describe the extent to which an organization meets the objectives of different stakeholders. (P1.2)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The business objectives of the selected organization, 3i Group Plc.,have been described. (B) Key stakeholders of the selected organization have been identified. (C) The stakeholders’ objectives have been described. (D) How far the organization meets the objectives of its stakeholders has been described.
- Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions. (M1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: ForP1.2:The conventional approach and the strategic approach to stakeholder problems have been identified and applied.
- Explain the responsibilities of an organization and strategies employed to meet them.(P1.3)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The responsibilities of the selected organization, 3i Group Plc., have been explained. (B)The strategies that the selected organization uses to meet its responsibilities have been explained.
- Explain how economic systems attempt to allocate resources effectively.(P2.1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The economic system within which the selected organization, 3i Group Plc., operates has been briefly explained. (B) How this system allocates resources effectively has been explained.
- Select and apply appropriate methods or techniques of analysis to your assessment. (M2)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: ForP2.1:The method of optimum allocation of resources in a selected economic system has been briefly explained.
- Assess the impact of fiscal and monetary policy on business organizations and their activities (P2.2).
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The impact of fiscal policy on the activities of the given organization has been described. (B) The impact of monetary policy on the activities of the selected organization has been described.
- Evaluate the impact of competition policy and other regulatory mechanisms on the activities of a selected organization. (P2.3)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The impact of competition policy on the selected organization has been described. (B) The impact of other regulatory mechanisms on the selected organization has been described. (C) Whether or not these policies and regulations help the selected organization to achieve its business objectives has been explained, with evidence or reasons. (D) A brief recommendation has been made in light of the conclusion above.
- Explain how market structure determine the pricing and output decisions of businesses.(P3.1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The market structure of the canned tuna consumer goods industry in the UK. (B) How the market structure limits the pricing decisions of the selected organization’s products or services has been explained. (C) How the market structure limits the output decisions of the selected organization’s products or services has been explained.
- Illustrate the way in which market forces shape organizational responses using a range of examples.(3.2)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The market forces in the canned tuna consumer goods industry in the UK. (B) How these market forces shape the responses of the selected organization has been explained with examples.
- Judge how the business and cultural environments shape the behavior of a selected organization.(P3.3)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The following constituent parts of the UK business environment have been explained: (a) the political environment, (b) the economic environment, (c) the socio-cultural environment,(d) the technological environment. (B) A conclusion has been given stating how these environmental factors help the selected organization to achieve its business objectives.
- Demonstrate convergent/lateral/creative thinking in the design and implementation and analysis of the assessment. (D3)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: For P3.3: Three ways in which the environmental factors can stop the organization from achieving its business objectives have been given together with one strategy to minimize the impact of each way.
- Discuss the significance of international trade to UK business organizations. (P4.1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The benefits of international trade to the UK business in the scenario have been discussed. (B) The harmful effects of international trade on the UK organization in the scenario have been discussed.
- Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions. (D1)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: ForP4.1:A conclusion, supported by evidence or reasons, has been drawn stating whether or not international trade will help the UK organization in the scenario to achieve its objectives.
- Analyze the impact of global factors on UK business organizations. (P4.2)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) Any two of the following global factors have been explained: (a) international trade, (b) market opportunities, (c) global growth,(d)exchange rates of the Great Britain Pound and Maldivian Rufiyaa.
(B) How these factors affect the selected business has been explained.
- Evaluate the impact of policies of the European Union on UK business organizations. (P4.3).
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: (A) The positive and negative effects of the policies of the European Union on the selected organization have been explained in terms of
(a) business competition, (b) growth, (c) employment, (d) environment. (B)How these policies help the selected business to achieve its business objectives has been explained with evidence or reasons. (C) A brief recommendation has been made.
- Present and communicate appropriate findings. (M3)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are:In all written works in this assignment: (A) The appropriate structure and approach has been used. (B) The expected sources have been cited and referenced where relevant (including reports, presentations and role-play scripts). See section titled “Assignment Specific Instructions to Students”.
- Take responsibility for managing and organizing activities. (D2)
Evidences required to achieve this criterion are: For the whole assignment: (A) All written works have been written effectively and submitted on time. (B) All activities have been planned and carried out effectively and on time.
(This provides evidence for LO1; LO2; LO3; LO4; M1, M2, M3; D1, D2&D3.)
- 1. The report must be submitted as a PDF file named Unit 1_BE_April 2015_Report_First name Last name_Student ID,where First Last Name should be replaced with your first name and last name and Student ID should be replaced with your student ID.
- Do not submit the first draft of your report. The report you submit must be at least the second edited version. Do the final editing: proof read for logical errors, spelling and grammar.
- Remember to upload all the files before you click the submit button.Order Now