This report highlights the facts of cloud computing services that an organization needs to take care while implementing the same to improve their working as well as service quality. These services can be divided into three categories such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and are being used on a large scale in today’s technical era. This report as well introduces a company with the SLA guidelines, remote management and resource management that are some vital aspects of cloud computing services. Knowledge of these aspects helps the organization to deal with the cloud service provider for example the MICROSOFT. Not only with the important aspects as this report also includes disaster recovery, backup recovery and appliance resilience of the MICROSOFT (a chosen service provider for this report). Main motive to discuss its aspects as well as risks associated with cloud computing services is so that an organization who is planning to execute such services can understand the concept to use it in an appropriate manner.
Management and Remote Administration
Organization can utilize remote administration to manage configuration as well as external IT devices appropriately (Capsasolutions.com, 2016). Developing remote administrator makes it easy for the organization to manage IT devices associated with cloud. To develop remote administrator two common portals can be used such as:
- Administrator Portal: –It used to centralized management for handling the cloud associated IT resources.
- Self Service Portal: – It permits clients to choose services they want from a cloud service provider. It is most like a shopping portal that updates clients with the new assortment of services being offered by the cloud provider.
- It is advisable to the organization using cloud services to perform some terms by their own such as storing the data virtually and using virtual servers.
- Cloud computing system needs to interoperate with the cloud enabled VIM platform’s proprietary API that can allow the organization to perform some terms their self.
- Organization needs to ask for some necessary demands such as start, stop, scroll down and replacing, etc.
Resource management is a core function that affects three basic criteria of the system such as functionality, performance and cost. Here are some important facts linked with resource management:
- The methodologies for cloud asset administration connected with the three cloud conveyance models, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS), contrast from each other.
- Cloud asset administration requires complex strategies and choices for multi-target improvement.
- Unified control is unrealistic to give regular administration and assured execution.
- Auto Scaling can be utilized for impromptu spike masses, yet ensure there’s a pool of assets you can discharge or distribute on interest.
Basically, SLA (service-level-agreement) is a contract and a method that introduces with an assortment available of cloud management products that can offer all the features such as managing, notifications, data collection and reporting etc (Searchitchannel.techtarget.com, 2016). SLA agreement is specially required where administrations are sourced from outer gatherings to ensure adequate administration supply.
Backup and Data Recovery
Let’s us discuss about backup and data recovery keeping in mind the chosen service provider is the MICROSOFT.
Application resilience used to ensure that the cloud services from the cloud contractor are being supplied to the cloud client in an efficient manner or without disturbances (Castsoftware.com, 2016). Checks this term performs are scalability, privacy issues, risks due to the application failure and better performance.
Backup and disaster recovery
A proper backup and disaster recovery strategy should be provided by the cloud contractor so that client can prevent the disturbance in their functionality during the downtime or system failure. Such strategies can help organizations to keep copies of electronic data to use again. Giving priority to such strategy is important because only it can save an organization from a huge lose due to their data drop.
Some useful tips for the organizations to keep their data safe while implementing the cloud computing: –
- Recognize what is vital to keep the business running for instance, email and database back-up, application access and recuperation time objective.
- Association must move down its data minimum once in a day on a regular basis, yet ought to emphatically consider more incessant go down or consistent information insurance if justified (ComputerWeekly, 2016). Because, there is no advantage to making a move down record of significant information if the data is not being exchanged through a safe technique.
- A disaster recovery arrangement ought to be seen as a living record that can be overhauled often when required. The testing period of the arrangement must contain imperative check exercises to empower the arrangement to face most problematic occasions.
- Associations need to secure its information and frameworks by introducing general infection design redesigns as a feature of calamity recuperation arranging, which may even keep an emergency from happening.
SLA guidelines for chosen provider
- Understanding the responsibilities: As a cloud client it is inevitable to have knowledge of the division of the responsibilities between the service client and the service provider. Who is in charge of which exercises guarantees that there are no holes which can cause issues when utilizing cloud administrations.
- Policy assessment: Ignoring the policies mentioned in the agreement same as people ignore the terms & conditions while making an online account is not safe. Organization while implementing the cloud services must consider the legal requirements and the policies carefully (Anon, 2016). Such requirements may include aspects like client requirements, data protection legislation applicable to the client, laws applicable where the data placed.
- Difference between service and deployment model: There are critical contrasts in the levels of cloud asset deliberation, administration level targets, and key execution pointers that will conceivably be incorporated into a SLA. It additionally represents to that how regularly the supplier anticipates that their administration will fizzle. Thus, it is required for a cloud client to know the dangers connected with the administrations, for example, downtime, poor execution, security breaks and information lose.
- Security and privacy requirements assessment: Security controls in distributed computing are, generally, the same than security controls in any IT environment. Data and application procedure are two regular classes that require security and protection thought for distributed computing. To figure out which level of security is required, an uneven appraisal of a benefit’s affectability and significance is required.
- Pricing: Pricing model may simplify by the service provider, but a total cost of it can be determined by the services being received from the service provider. Pricing model depends on several factors such as storage space, monthly traffic as well as the downtime or time when services were not being used. One can understand its pricing with a suitable equation given below:
100 * (x-y) / x
Here the “X” is the time measured in minutes in a month when the services were available and the “Y” is the time of downtime when services were unavailable.
ComputerWeekly. (2016). Data backup and recovery tips. [online] Available at: http://www.computerweekly.com/tip/Data-backup-and-recovery-tips [Accessed 22 May 2016].
Capsasolutions.com. (2016). Capsa Solutions Mobile Computing Medical Carts & Workstations, FirstDose Long Term Care Medication Management, Rubbermaid Healthcare Computers. [online] Available at: http://www.capsasolutions.com/ [Accessed 22 May 2016].
Searchitchannel.techtarget.com. (2016). IT Channel information, news and tips – SearchITChannel. [online] Available at: http://searchitchannel.techtarget.com/ [Accessed 22 May 2016].
Castsoftware.com. (2016). Analyze and measure application software to control risk and improve productivity – CAST. [online] Available at: http://www.castsoftware.com/ [Accessed 22 May 2016].
Anon, (2016). [online] Available at: http://www.cloud-council.org/deliverables/CSCC-Practical-Guide-to-Cloud-Service-Agreements.pdf [Accessed 22 May 2016].